At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Weyerhaeuser Truck Mechanic in Aberdeen, Washington
Weyerhaeuser’s Western Timberlands Trucking operations in Aberdeen WA has an opening for an experienced diesel truck mechanic. This is a multi-craft maintenance position focused on the troubleshooting and repair of log trucks and light vehicles through basic mechanical and welding skills. The position is full-time with the current schedule set as Monday – Friday from 4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
Hourly employees at this operation are represented by the IAM-AW Union. The pay rate is $33.30 with an added swing shift differential of $1.00 per hour. Benefits (in accordance with the Labor Agreement) include medical, dental, vision, 401k, vacation and holidays.
- Effectively interface with drivers to quickly detect, diagnose and repair equipment failures, as well as contact or obtain any additional resources necessary to respond to identified maintenance needs
- Ability to use a laptop diagnostic system, troubleshoot engines, drivetrains, electrical systems, brakes, mount tires
- Perform preventative maintenance on trucks to include general servicing and fluid changes
- Complete diesel engine work (Cummins and Paccar)
- Perform welding functions
- Administrative work within the maintenance tracking/reporting systems
- Desire to further develop your skills as well as new competencies as they are required to meet the maintenance needs of the operations
Ability and willingness to mentor and train other mechanics
High school diploma or GED
- Two years of diesel school and/or three years' experience working as a diesel mechanic
- Must be safety conscious; self-motivated, an effective team player, and able to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrated proficiency in diesel engines, low voltage electricity, air conditioning, welding, gear trains, basic failure analysis and journeyman level mechanic skills
- Must provide own personal tools of the trade
- Ability to obtain a valid Class A CDL
- Experience with Cummins Insight, Cummins Quick Server, and Paccar DAVIE maintenance software programs is desired
What We Offer...
Compensation:**Your wages and benefits are set by the labor agreement between Weyerhaeuser and the union representing employees at this work site. The pay rate is $33.30 with an added swing shift differential of $1.00 per hour.
Benefits:**When you join our team, you and your family will be covered by our comprehensive health benefits plan, which includes medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. We also support personal volunteerism, sponsor a host of diversity networks, promote mentoring, and provide training and development opportunities to help you chart your path to a fulfilling career.
Retirement: Employees are able to enroll in our company’s 401k plan, which includes a paid company match in addition to our annual contribution equal to 5% of your base salary.
Paid Time Off or Vacation: This position receives paid vacation eligibility in accordance with our union collective bargaining agreement. We offer paid vacation and holidays, more information can be provided upon request.
About Timberlands We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits. For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.
About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. *We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Truck Mechanic
Requisition ID: 01020003