At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Robert Half Payroll Specialist in Albany, Oregon
Robert Half is looking for experienced Payroll Specialists to be responsible for all payroll-related tasks for our clients in the Albany area. The Payroll Specialist's responsibilities include collecting and reviewing employee information and working hours, calculating wages, preparing and processing employee payments, and maintaining accurate payroll records. To be successful as a Payroll Specialist you should be able to investigate and resolve payroll issues and ensure strict compliance with company and regulatory standards. An outstanding Payroll Specialist should also have excellent people skills and a high numerical aptitude.
· Collecting timesheet data and payroll information.
· Entering data into payroll and administrative databases and software programs.
· Calculating wages, benefits, tax deductions, commissions, etc.
· Preparing and processing paychecks and cash deposits.
· Maintaining accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions.
· Preparing and distributing income statements.
· Responding to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns.
· Performing account balance and payroll reconciliations.
· Preparing financial reports for accounting and auditing purposes.
· Preparing periodic payroll reports for review by management.
· Degree in accounting, business, or a related field preferred.
· Experience working in payroll or a similar role.
· Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and payroll practices.
· Experience working with accounting and payroll software.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· High numerical aptitude.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/mobile) and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. Robert Half will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.