At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
AdventHealth Certified Surgical Technician Full Time Days 645am-315pm Altamonte Possible $5000 Sign on in Altamonte Springs, Florida
YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR APPLICATION!
Certified Surgical Technician - AdventHealth – Altamonte – FT Days
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth – Altamonte
- Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named ‘Best Hospital’ for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
- As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, Altamonte has been providing state of the art health care to the community since 1973
- The 398 bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world class resources
Work Hours/Shift: Full Time Monday-Friday 6:45am-3:15pm. Must be able to call take shifts that include night and weekend call, 3-4 shifts in a 6-week period.
Under general supervision, a surgical scrub technician/nurse assists with the patient care in surgery by performance of technical and other delegated duties. Functions as a member of the surgical team, as a scrub person by providing care to surgical patients of age specific groups identified in the unit standards of care (may include neonate to geriatric). Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
If LPN, must have current, valid State of Florida license as a Licensed Professional Nurse. Additional surgical technician certification not required.
Certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA), National Paramedical Technicians and Assistant Association, or the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). Completion of an RN training program will be accepted in place of certification.
- Basic aseptic/sterile technique skills
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own It.
- Performs the role of surgical scrub by anticipating the needs of the surgeon and keeping the circulating nurse informed of any needs throughout a procedure. Ensures that all supplies, equipment, and medications are assembled prior to the procedure.
- Is innovative in maintaining high standards and quality in the facilitation of cost savings and containment.
- In an efficient and organized manner, assists team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover times. Directs ancillary personnel participating in room turnover. Provides assistance and support as needed to members of the surgical team.
- Supervises other healthcare team members in the surgical environment. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and the education of new personnel.
- Promotes a safe environment. Takes appropriate action in emergency situations, being aware of and controlling hazards which may endanger patients, visitors, and employees. Identifies and reports environmental concerns to the management team. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and FH policy and procedure.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand washing according to policy. Strictly adheres to all infection control practices and diligently monitors aseptic technique of the entire surgical team. Takes immediate corrective action for breaks in technique.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.