At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
AdventHealth Office Support Specialist-Radiation Oncology FT Days in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Altamonte
- Located north of Orlando in the community of Altamonte Springs, our facility is consistently named “Best Hospital” for overall quality, reputation, doctors and nurses by local residents
- As the largest satellite campus within the AdventHealth system, AdventHealth Altamonte has been providing state-of-the-art healthcare to the community since 1973
- The 398-bed hospital cares for more than 168,000 patients a year. We are proud to be revolutionizing health care with visionary leadership and world-class resources
You Will Be Responsible For:
Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Daily prepares to begin work immediately, by being at workstation as scheduled by department leadership to offer continuous patient service and be available for all clinical partners’ registration needs. Maintains schedule flexibility and effective time management by monitoring time and attendance to limit use of unauthorized overtime.
- Greets all customers (patients, guests, families, staff, physicians, vendors, etc.) in a compassionate and helpful manner while extending exemplary customer service and assistance as needed. Answers telephones, within (3) rings using scripted greeting, and responds to inquiries within and appropriate time-frame. Reviews physician orders to verify patient’s name, date of birth, diagnosis, ordering physician’s name and ensure orders have been signed by ordering physician. Maintains open line of communication with patients, leadership and clinicians when delays occur, or issues arise.
- Creates new patient packets of pertinent forms as required by the hospital and department. Queues all patients upon arrival to department as needed. Captures patient ID photos and enters demographic information as needed.
- Performs eligibility and benefits verification and re-verification applicable to patient’s visit. Uses utmost caution that authorizations and pre-certifications are correct and as accurate as possible to avoid rejections and/or denials. Maintains a current and thorough knowledge of utilizing online eligibility and pre-certification tools made available.
- Screens and continually assists all incoming telephone calls and visitors to ensure routing to appropriate personnel within department and hospital in an accurate and timely fashion. Monitors patient wait and registration times. Enables center to achieve current standard of patient wait times.
- Ability to use discretion when discussing personnel/patient related issues that are confidential in nature.
- Ability to respond to ever-changing matrix of hospital needs and act accordingly.
- Strong multi-tasking skills; able to assimilate and react appropriately to a variety of stimuli incoming at one time.
- Computer skills including outlook, Microsoft, Word and Excel.
- Minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Bi-lingual (English required and Spanish preferred), both written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Records (EHR)
- Experience working with and obtaining insurance authorizations.
- Read and understand medical terminology
- One to two years of customer service in a medical office setting
- High School diploma or equivalent
Under the direction of the campus Site Leader, the Office Support Specialist is responsible for all scheduling and clerical duties within Radiation Oncology. Essential duties include scheduling specialized procedures, making appointments for patients according to established department protocols, verifies insurance eligibility and benefits and re-verification applicable to patient’s visit. Duties will also include providing excellent customer service via phone and in person, referring callers to the appropriate departments. This individual will procure pertinent medical records and update the patient chart for clinic visits. The incumbent must work collaboratively with all clinical service staff in support of direct patient services. The Office Support Specialist serves as a point of contact with other internal and external departments with the goal of fostering an environment which promotes the patient experience. This individual must be highly flexible with the ability to accommodate changing needs of the department. Willingness to work at any Radiation Oncology department within AdventHealth Tri-county. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.