At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Kiewit Corporation Screed Operator Journeyman in Amarillo, Texas
Requisition ID: 76302
Operate one or several types of power construction equipment to excavate, move and/or grade material.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Operate a variety of vehicles and large heavy equipment while performing maintenance and repairs on roads and rights-of-way including loading, hauling and dumping on smooth to extremely rough surfaces.
• Load gravel, dirt and sand; smooth and grade roads; spread rock and gravel.
• Trench and construct ditches for installation of culverts, water pipes and sewer pipes; remove silt and debris.
• Knowledgeable of equipment in respect to checking and maintaining all fluid levels and lubrication.
• May be asked to instruct and train employees in the safe operation of construction equipment and tools and in job techniques and skills
• Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
• May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Must possess working knowledge skills and abilities for position.
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision.
• Ability to use hand tools, power tools and layout tools safe and efficiently.
• Able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must have all required tools
• Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
• Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.