Job Number 23051656
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Fairfield Inn & Suites Dallas Arlington South, 4251 South Collins Street, Arlington, Texas, United States
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Chase Hospitality, LLC. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Chase Hospitality is looking for a dynamic individual to be our leader in sales in the Arlington Market.
The Sales Manager-Select Service Hotel has direct oversight of sales and marketing operations for a Select Service hotel. This role has the responsibility to achieve optimal occupancy and ADR growth to maximize total revenue while meeting/exceeding hotel profit objectives. This individual will oversee operations of the hotel sales department including but not limited to direct sales follow-up sales administration hiring of staff training managing and coaching.
Additional responsibilities include sales and marketing budget forecast advertising marketing and business plans for no more than one Select Service hotel; manages within approved plans and budgets.
Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
• At least 2 years of progressive hotel sales experience preferred; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience; or a 2-year college degree and at least 2 years of related experience
• Must have a valid driver’s license in the applicable state.
• Must possess highly developed verbal & written communication skills to frequently negotiate convince sell and influence other managerial personnel hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
• Must have thorough experience with professional selling skills: opening probing supporting closing
• Shows strong analytical skills and strategic vision in establishing appropriate sales deployment
• Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially Microsoft Office products
• Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks
• Strong organization and presentation skills
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact and manage people of diverse socioeconomic cultural disability and ethnic backgrounds while solving complex problems and creating a productive sales team
• Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession.
• Must work well in stressful high-pressure situations; maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions. Responsibilities
• Coordinate all group transient and catering sales solicitations and bookings to maximize overall revenue.
• Develop recommend implement and manage the division's annual budget and the advertising public relations marketing and sales plans and programs for the hotel to maximize rate occupancy and food & beverage opportunities thus ensuring the hotel meets/exceeds management and owner revenue/profit goals and expectations.
• Proactively conduct outside sales calls conduct sales tours and entertain clients.
• Understand the content reflected in contracts and how to negotiate terms therein.
• Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
• Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
• Adheres to Chase Hospitality’s established standards of operation.
• Comply with attainment of individual goals as well as team goals and budgeted metrics.
• Train all members of the hotel staff on how to recognize and capitalize on all sales opportunities to increase hotel occupancy and revenue.
• Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies of the hotel including Sales Food and Beverage Front Office and Reservations.
• Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry organizations.
• Attend and/or conduct daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any other functions required by management providing training on a rotational basis.
• Maintains professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication relationships to achieve initiatives with respective marketing partner(s) and other internal departments.
• Travel on a weekly basis as required.
• Act as directed on behalf of the General Manager in his/her absence; performing any other duties as requested by management.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.