PRODUCT ENGINEER II- VAVE
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost, while meeting customer requirements and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
TE Connectivity is setting up Product Analysis & Value Engineering (PAVE) team at Bangalore, India to support Industrial Solutions Segment business units for product tear down, benchmarking, should costing and value engineering capabilities. As part of the group, incumbent product engineer will be responsible to contribute to cost savings using Value Engineering methodology. Engineer will be responsible to study various inputs from tear down, reverse engineering, material analysis, competitor product assessment and manufacturing data etc., identify opportunities for cost savings & build value engineering project pipeline through structured ideation events and value methodology. Some of the products engineer will be responsible to support include Relays, Connectors, Sensors, Wire harness, contactors & rugged fiber optic products etc. supporting Energy, Industrial, Medical and Aero. Defense & Marine business units
Position is also required to facilitate ideation events, evaluate project proposals, deploy VAVE tools to generate functional diagram, define priority and build business case for cost savings opportunities working closely with Product Management, Engineering, Operations and Sourcing team.
Engineer will also support for ME activities by developing the required fixture to build the samples as well to reduce the cycle time of the assembly process. Engineer will initiate & implement continuous improvement programs to improve quality & cost while meeting customer requirement.
Analyze and study product portfolio for Cost Savings opportunities working with cross functional team
Collaborate to generate data through teardown, competitor benchmarking, material analysis and should cost data for products shortlisted for VAVE evaluation
Facilitate ideation events including cross functional teams i.e. Product Managers, Engineering, Operations and Sourcing teams etc.
Develop functional diagrams and assess project value through business case development along with defining prioritization
Develop, Execute & report on plan to maximize VAVE Opportunities.
Responsible to execute & drive VAVE projects starting from Idea generation to Implementation by co-ordination with cross functional teams (external suppliers, reliability lab, manufacturing, quality Sourcing teams)
Co-ordinate with Global & local stake holders for project execution thru design, testing & implementation phase.
Develop test plan in accordance with MIL/Aerospace standards in co-ordination with customers, engineering, and test lab team.
Redesign of existing component or design new component meeting product specification requirement, cost target & market related technology.
Drive multiple VAVE projects in a timely manner to support business goal target.
Provide Technical support, root cause failure analysis and problem solving assistance on manufacturing or quality issues related to VAVE projects.
• 6-8 years of experience in Electromechanical Product design e.g. Relays, Circuit Breakers & other electromechanical Products.
• Strong Electrical & Mechanical Design consideration for Electromechanical product developments
• Proven experience in understanding Top level functional requirement of a product and designing the components/subsystems to meet Product Performance criteria.
• Hands on experience to practice VAVE methodology & project life cycle is mandatory
• Demonstrated experience to create functional diagrams, and generate business case for value through ROI / IRR / Cost Out estimations-tools
• Certifications in VAVE process deployment i.e. AVS, CVS etc. is preferable
• Demonstrated experience with project execution process for New Product Development / VAVE etc.
• Knowledge in Creo, Autocad, PDM windchill & PLM software
• Strong Knowledge of manufacturing processes like Molding, Stamping, Plating and other Metal Forming processes
• Hands on experience for should costing using multiple templates and aPriori to estimate product cost is an added advantage
• Hands on experience to develop test plan in accordance with Industry standards.
• Experience using engineering/process tools such as Tolerance stack up analysis, DFMEA.,8D etc
• Capable of Handling Multiple Projects simultaneously.
• Good Conceptual, problem solving and Analytical Skills.
• Should be Self-Motivated, Adaptive, Passionate about results and a Good Team Player.
• Strong Interpersonal & stake holder management skill.
• Strong Technical Aptitude with Willingness to explore & learn new Technologies.
• Demonstrated Experience of working in a fast paced and changing environment with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
B.E./B.Tech. in Mechanical, Electrical, Production, Industrial Engineering with good Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills.
6-8 years of experience in Electromechanical Products i.e. Relay, Contactor, Circuit Breaker, Sensors etc. in Industrial, Aerospace, Automotive and Electrical domain is acceptable
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
Bangalore, KA, IN, 560066
Travel: 10% to 25%
Requisition ID: 105839
Function: Engineering & Technology
TE Connectivity and its subsidiaries, affiliates, and operating units (collectively, the "Company") is committed to providing a work environment that prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other characteristics protected by applicable law or regulation.