With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Room Division Manager provides guest services as well as supervision, direction and leadership in the Rooms Division in accordance with the objectives, performance and quality standards established by Hilton Hotels & Resorts and the hotel.
What will I be doing?
As the Room Division Manager, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Monitor and spot check quality of work.
• Ensure that information from preference pads are keyed into the database and promote their use to line team members.
• Develop and implement the guest recognition program.
• Develop strategies with the help of the Front Office Service Manager to strengthen guest recognition.
• Walk the talk and be a role model in delighting customers.
• Recognize team members for outstanding delivery of customer service.
• Be visible and accessible to guests and follow through with all requests.
• Effective utilization of guest profiles and consistent delivery of guest preferences.
• Maintain strong relationship and goodwill with regular guests.
• Practice and promote effective and timely recovery of guest complaint situations.
• Always meet and exceed customer expectations.
• Ensure that all amenities are delivered consistently, and standards are maintained and delivered.
• Conduct quality checks on a regular basis.
• Ensure that all section managers are effectively communicating the SALT results with their respective departments.
• Full knowledge of packages and promotions available to guests.
• Assist Commercial Development in developing customer loyalty promotions.
• Communicate and develop a high level of competency and knowledge in marketing programs amongst team members.
• Generate new revenue producing sources.
• Actively interview and recruit individuals throughout the year.
• Hire candidates based on attitude and enthusiasm rather than on technical competencies.
• Implement and manage structured training programs for the department.
• Assist and support the Divisional Training Coordinator in his / her duties.
• Identify and implement training based on departmental needs.
• Identify career goals of each manager and team member within the division.
• Develop a succession plan for each team member for them to reach their career goals.
• Conduct performance reviews on a regular basis.
• Review team member performance on a fair and objective basis.
• Provide honest feedback at all times.
• Take appropriate action within a set time limit to improve team member performance.
• Set goals that are challenging and achievable.
• Create a fun workplace.
• Safeguard the positive environment from negative influences.
• Promote and develop teamwork.
• Take action to eliminate potential problems and unhealthy practices.
• Utilize all communication tools available to disseminate information in a timely manner.
• Ensure integrity and confidentiality of information at all times.
• Foster and maintain an “open door” policy throughout the division.
• Involve the team in the decision-making processes.
• Support and encourage empowerment.
• Spot-check on guest rooms and services.
• Take appropriate actions to correct any deficiency.
• Coordinate actions between department and division that ensures high quality service.
• Encourage team members to provide innovative ideas.
• Utilize every interaction with the team as an opportunity to coach and improve performance.
• Effectively listen and assist team members with problems.
• Display a positive and passionate attitude towards the accomplishment of department goals and achievements.
• Maintain a high level of productivity and cost efficiency within the department based on budget and forecast.
• Stay abreast of current technology trend within the industry through all available communication mediums.
• Constantly review and update safety procedures.
• Ensure that emergency procedures are in place and can be easily enacted on a 24 hours basis.
• Never compromise safety.
• Communicate budgetary goals and objectives to entire team.
• Review all budgets and forecast for accuracy and timeliness.
• Be involved in the procurement and implementation of items within the department.
• Attend P&L meetings, daily operation meetings and credit meetings.
• Follow-up to ensure that reports are submitted on time.
• Ensure that the environmental initiatives are adhered to in the workplace
• Observe departmental best practices.
• Be aware of potential fire hazards and how to prevent fire incidents in the working area, relevant fire emergency procedures and the roles and actions assigned during emergency evacuation.
• Conduct quality checks of guest floor, public areas and other facilities.
• Maintain personal presentation to hotel and Hilton standards.
• Adhere to the hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedures.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
What are we looking for?
A Room Division Manager serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• At least 2 years as Front Office Manager or Executive Housekeeper in an international class hotel.
• Familiar with computer system.
• Fluent in verbal and written English to meet business needs.
• Good communication, organization and coordination skills.
• Motivated team builder with a strong sense of responsibility and self-motivation.
• Able to work under great physical and mental pressures.
• Able to maintain excellent relations with team members.
• Able to work flexible hours.
• Customer oriented and goals oriented.
• Flexible and takes initiative.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services, Operations, and Front Office
Title: Room Division Manager
Requisition ID: HOT09J63