At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Jacobs BIM Coordinator in Birchwood, United States
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges, and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed –today and into tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business – we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
Jacobs Nuclear is the Design and Engineering partner for Sellafield under the PPP (Programme and Project Partners). This is a 20-year arrangement to deliver £7bn of major projects.
We are looking to recruit high value expertise from across regulated and comparable sectors to work in a collaborative environment. PPP is delivering major projects, site wide improvements and provision of supporting services.
Jacobs Nuclear provides the front end design and engineering capability across the PPP portfolio. Being part of the PPP Team offers a unique opportunity to drive change and innovation in engineering, safety and delivery solutions in one of the most complex industrial sites in the UK if not the world. We are looking for people who are passionate about developing themselves and in meeting new challenges.
As a result of increasing demand for our services, there are significant opportunities for you to support a key project within the nuclear business.
We are currently looking for a BIM Coordinator to join the team in Birchwood.
About the role:
The BIM Space Plan Manager role is to manage the overall industrial lay-out development following general guidance and direction of Project Manager or Engineering Manager. You will support all aspects of the industrial layout definition process during the early design stages (concept and preliminary design) coordinating technical disciplines (structural, mechanical, piping and electrical).
– Develops room planning, equipment planning, and main services routing/space allocation
– Develops a design through sketches, 3D models, diagrams, massing studies, and other visual formats to express the design intent and communicate to project team, client, and building user groups.
– Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of buildings and MEP systems
– Involvement in projects of medium complexity/size.
– Inspires creativity, critical thought and design excellence both internally and externally.
– Participates in development of the program and other pre-design efforts.
– Ensures that design intent is maintained during the detailed engineering phase.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• To produce design at a level that would be perceived externally as excellent.
• To hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
• To check work of others for accuracy and completeness.
• To interpret sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material.
• To present ideas and solutions to the client and client representatives.
• General knowledge of building construction systems, constructability, materials, and industry associated standards.
• Good knowledge and understanding of industrial processes.
• Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD, Plant 3D or MEP
• Problem solving and ability to engage in creative and critical thought.
Education and Experience
• Qualifications within an Industrial/Technical or related field & working towards license.
• Proven experience, preferably on large teams and industrial construction or plant layout.
• This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or changed.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.