At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
BT Digital Business Analyst in Birmingham, United Kingdom
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
About this role
Delivering quality digital features and solutions for our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
As a Digital Business Analyst you will provide expert functional and technical design capability within the Consumer Digital team, ensuring that our Digital solutions are designed to meet both the customer and business needs whilst matching expectations for ROI, quality, reliability and speed to market.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Contribute to the evolution of our systems in line with our engineering principles
• Lead the scoping and sizing of both in-house and external propositions, ensuring they are compliant with the given design and development standards and are fit-for-purpose and match the business case objectives
• Liaise with varying stakeholders to lead solution design for the Consumer Digital Team, in order to facilitate effective requirements gathering & development of solutions
• Provide relevant consultancy skills into the business and render assistance / consultation to team members and other parties as required
• Ensure solution design artefacts conform to chapter standards and development methodologies
• Lead and contribute to the definition and delivery of solutions across work streams and technology functions to fulfil the overall objectives of the Consumer Digital team
• Proactively mentor and develop fellow team members
• Undertake quality checks of own and others’ work to ensure it is of the required standard and ensure activities are coordinated and aligned with other team members and provide constructive feedback for colleagues
• Provide early impact assessment guidance and feedback during concept stages of projects, where there may be limited clarity on business requirements
• Interpret design patterns, current and target platform architecture and strategic plans when designing and developing solutions to take into account the likely impact of tactical versus strategic solutions being implemented
• Build solutions that promote simplicity, re-using components where practical and advocating product solutions that are robust and benefit the customer experience
You'll have the following skills & experience
• Ability to identify, plan, co-ordinate and conduct design activities within a multi-disciplined team in all development cycle stages
• Understand different development methodologies such as agile, rapid application development and waterfall
• Possess an understanding of programming concepts and approaches in order to credibly communicate with and command the respect of the software engineering community
• Ability to deal with conflicting demands across numerous requests feeding into Consumer Digital for designs, development estimates and strategic direction whilst meeting business expectations that may have time to market drivers
• Understand the capability of on/offshore partners and ensure a strong working relationship is built and maintained
• Demonstrate analytical / systematic approach to problem solving
• Ability to understand complex business, IT design and development requirements taking into consideration their functional and non-functional needs• Excellent requirements analysis and design skills
• Experience of Agile (or agile / waterfall hybrid) development practices and techniques
• Excellent technical writing, presentation and communication skills
• Mentoring and people development
• Good planning and time-management skills
• Experience of working to tight deadlines in a technical environment
• Ability to manage changing business and technical requirements in highly dynamic project environments
• In-depth experience of both high level and detailed business process models
• Experience of digital business analysis for customer focused digital services such as web, mobile, eCommerce and eBusiness
• Uses defined tools, templates and standards to design, create and test simple, well-engineered systems. e.g. experience of test driven development
• Conflict management and negotiation skills
• Relationship management of both internal and external customers
• Risk analysis and change management experience
• Experience of working with teams based across multiple time zones
• Experience in the use of corporate wikis and work collaboration tools such as Confluence and JIRA
There’s never been a more exciting time to join the Consumer Digital Team. We’re investing hundreds of millions of pounds into digital and transforming the way we work to create, not just the best digital experience in the telco market, but something that customers talk about as the best in the UK.
We believe in empowering our digital superheroes to work autonomously as teams, and to rapidly learn and develop the best routes and techniques to creating customer value. We’re founded on the core idea that we continuously ‘build, measure, and learn’ which allows us to deliver on our purpose: to drive digital thinking and expertise so that together we can create the best experiences that enhance our customers’ lives.
We’ve got something really special here, something we’re all incredibly proud to be part of. Every day we have the chance to positively impact the lives of the millions of customers that engage with us. To bring them close to the things that matter most to them. This is your chance to join us on our ground breaking journey.
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT at https://www.btplc.com/Careercentre/lifeatbt/index.htm
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
Job: Architecture and solution design
Title: Digital Business Analyst
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-West Midlands-Birmingham
Requisition ID: 144067