Since 1985, our core business has been enteral device product development, design, manufacturing, and engineering in a state-of-the-art facility near Cleveland, Ohio. AMT’s steady growth consistently creates job opportunities in Northeast Ohio. We are always searching for new talent and would love for you to join our team! We strive to keep the small company feeling while still reaching users all over the globe.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the overall maintenance, cleanliness, and functionality of AMT equipment and buildings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This list is not comprehensive but meant to represent the most common or important duties of the position. Other duties are required and/or assigned:
• Responsible for maintaining and repairing shop floor equipment and general building systems.• Troubleshoot problems with mechanical equipment by using precision measuring and testing instruments.• Perform preventive maintenance as required.• Provide recommendations for improving current systems, schedules, and records• Utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to record work history, identify parts usage, track equipment downtime, and schedule preventative maintenance• Assist with new equipment installation• Maintain safe and clean working environment• Follow lockout/tag out procedures• Replace light bulbs• Clean and maintain the production area as needed• Shovel sidewalks and patios if needed• Run errands as needed• Deal with emergencies as they arise
HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience with electrical repairs, multi-meters, and electrical schematics, and machinery troubleshooting
Experience working with electric motors, heating elements, pumps and other mechanical equipment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures, manuals, or governmental regulations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Maintains a valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
- Ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Essential Job Functions: Critical features of this job are described below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Mental: Must be able to effectively communicate with others; complete and understand analysis of numbers; read, analyze and interpret written materials; compliance with company policies; respond appropriately to feedback to make improvements; maintain positive workingrelationships; troubleshoot and solve problems.
Physical: Must be able to hear and verbally communicate. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, sit, stand, and walk for hours at a time. Moderate noise level and moderate exposure to physical risk. Use of isopropyl alcohol, mineral spirits, acetone, pvc primer, hydraulic fluid, industrial cleaners and solvents.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: Ability to establish priorities, work independently with minimal supervision, and facilitate teamwork. Intermediate mechanical and tool knowledge.
Equipment Used: Pallet Jack, lift truck, hand tools, ladders, computer, basic office equipment, multi-meters, amp meters, calipers, air compressor, etc. Hand tools and equipment are supplied by AMT.
Special/ Additional Requirements: Persons in this position may be required to pass a drug, alcohol, and/or criminal background check.
AMT is Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
From: Applied Medical Technology, Inc.