At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Robert Half International Purchasing Agent in BROOKLYN, New York
A Brooklyn based Non Profit is seeking a Purchasing Assistant to join their team on an ongoing contract basis. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to do the following;
• Interface with the Field and/or other support departments when necessary to resolve discrepancies and/or issues as they arise.
• Manage matters related to Con Edison and National Grid accounts for hundreds of programs throughout the agency, including payment uploads totaling $1 million annually.
• Interface with existing agency vendors to ensure programs receive best possible services, pricing, and payment terms, as agreed-upon in negotiation stages.
• Seek out and develop relationships with new vendors to diversify agency vendor profile.
• Develop and maintain various vendor reporting mechanisms for management review and vendor control.
• Develop and update Policies and Procedures related to all aspects of the Purchasing function.
• Represent the department in presentations and meetings with senior management and director-level agency staff.
• Assist the Associate Director in matters related to the Agency vehicle fleet, and all related operations/functions, including: Lease payments, Insurance, Registration/Titling, Lease Renewal, Removal of replaced vehicles, Accidents, Major Repairs.
• Assist the Associate Director in matters related to the New Vendor Vetting/Addition process to ensure State and Federal compliance in contracting new vendors, by conducting reference checks of all prospective agency vendors, and other related matters.
• Assist the Associate Director in supervision of non-management staff, including baseline review and delegation of tasks.
Requirements MS Excel
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.