At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Aston Carter Senior Revenue Accountant in Cerritos, California
Founded in 2007, we are advancing oncology by delivering highly specialized, value-based cancer care in the community setting. TOI offers cutting-edge, evidence-based cancer care to a population of more than 1.5 million patients including clinical trials, stem cell transplants, transfusions, and other care delivery models traditionally associated with the most advanced care delivery organizations. With 80+ employed clinicians and more than 600 teammates in 50 clinic locations and growing, TOI is changing oncology for the better.
• Perform month-end and quarter-end close processes such as preparation and processing of journal entries, providing variance analysis, account reconciliations and reporting
• Responsible for calculating monthly capitated and fee for service accounts receivable and revenue entries, inventory and cost of sales and related accounting analysis
• Ensure all revenue recognition is in compliance with ASC 606 Revenue Recognition
• Responsible for researching accounting guidance and partnering with key functional business teams to understand new revenue arrangements while helping develop and test processes to account for such arrangements • Assist with acquisitions by testing, analyzing and integrating legacy billing systems into consolidated reporting • Responsible for adhering to internal controls over revenue recognition and inventory • Support financial reporting on revenue-related reporting matters including Form 10Q, Form 10K disclosures as well as assist with year-end audit requests
• Work with IT on development of automated reports to streamline revenue and inventory accounting while maintaining internal controls
• Work on special projects and address business and financial ramifications of significant and/or unusual transactions, as needed
• Participate in company meetings, webinars and conference calls
• Other duties as assigned in response to changing business conditions and requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent
• Four or more years of public accounting and/or relevant industry experience; minimum 2 years public accounting experience
• Certified Public Accountant – Active License Preferred
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.) as well as experience with other financial systems
• Excellent accounting and operational skills with a strong understanding of GAAP and internal controls
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to establish strong partnerships with all levels of management both internally and externally
• Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively, including in a remote work environment, in order to manage multiple tasks and/or projects with hard deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing circumstances and environment, strong analytical, critical thinking and organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to identify and implement process improvement capabilities
Hybrid 2x a month will go in on 6th and 7th work day of that month
• CPA (Prefer Active; consider in-active if open to go through process of re-activating it)
• 90-100k (some flex 105k; 110k max for rockstar)
• No SEC reporting req. (10Q & 10K NOT required)
• 1-2 busy seasons preferred at public firm
• 1-2 yrs in corporate (private or public)
• Strong Excel (Pivots – VLOOKUPs)
• ASC 606 needed
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (%email@example.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.