At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Cable Wire Harness Builder in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Tracking Code LEAD-21-0658-F
Job Code 21-0658
Posting Title Cable Wire Harness Builder
Post Date 5/4/2021
Full Time / Part-Time Full Time
Pay Rate $25.59
Description CABLE WIRE HARNESS BUILDER/MANUFACTURER (ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN MAINTENANCE 1)
The Cable Wire Harness Builder/Manufacturer will be responsible for fabricating/troubleshooting/cleaning a variety of cables/harnesses. The builder/manufacturer will verify materials and parts via schematics/blueprints, with support from technical documents and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The qualified candidate must have experience with keyways, multimeters and various test equipment (HI Pots, Megohmeter, TDR, DTMCO). The qualified candidate must know how to identify correct crimping tools, wire gauges, basic electricity, connectors, lugs and pins. The qualified candidate will need to have experience using the following tools: Cable cutters, crimpers, side cutters, picks, screw drivers, wrenches, measuring tape, channel lock pliers, needle nose pliers, heat guns, dremel, ball peen hammer, pin extraction tools, file sets, scribe, wire strippers, punches, strap tie gun, vise solder stations, solder pots, wire racks and razors. Soldering Certification and wire harness assembly certification is preferred.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
• Apply basic knowledge to perform simple or routine tasks following detailed instructions
• Replaces components, wires circuits and repairs simple electronic equipment
• Familiarity with additional common instruments: signal generators, semiconductor testers, curve tracers and oscilloscopes.
Essential duties and responsibilities also include:
• Must possess a strong desire to provide excellent customer service solutions and interact with coworkers and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
• Must be motivated to perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of one-three (1-3) years’ experience in the position applied for (referenced above).
• Must have a good working knowledgeable of Army regulations; systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines.
• Must be able to pass a background investigation and gain access to military installations.
• The position is on a federal military installation. Candidates/employees will need to drive onto the military installation to gain access to the respective building for their position.
• Experience working at Letterkenny Army Depot highly desired.
• Must have general computer knowledge. Working knowledge of internet software; spreadsheet software, word processing software and MS Office Suite is a plus.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the individual is:
• Regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, move, manipulate or feel objects; talk and/or hear and taste and/or smell.
• Frequently required to stand and/or walk and routinely required to reach with hands and arms.
• Routinely required to stand, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or squat.
• Frequently lifts and /or moves up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 40 pounds.
• Often exerts similar effort in pushing, pulling and positioning parts assemblies and equipment.
• Frequently lifts and moves heavier items with the assistance of other workers or with lifting devices such as jacks hoists and cranes.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must obtain or maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for this location.
Securing and maintaining a Common Access card (CAC) is a requirement for all positions at this location.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of the minimum standards an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Grooming and dress code will be in keeping with Company and customer’s standards. The work environment varies and includes, but is not limited to; office space, equipment rooms, warehouse space, construction zones, field conditions, and outdoor environments. Work hours may fluctuate outside of normal duty hours. Travel is not anticipated for this position. If travel is required, candidate must have a valid driver’s license and three (3) years’ clean driving record for this position. Employee must complete required driver’s training and follow all Authorized Driver policies and procedures regarding approved vehicle usage.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here (http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) .
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)