The role aims to be recognized as a trusted advisor to finance team members and other hotel business partners. This role supports the finance lead to retain and train best-in-class finance professionals and assists in developing their finance team. This role ensures a robust control and compliance environment and supports the hotel / hotels to maximize profit and contributes to implement EMEA Operations Finance innovations and projects.
What will I be doing?
The Accounting Supervisor will support all activities performed by the hotels Assistant / Finance lead, to include but not limited to, understanding financial performance, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and month-end closing activities, reviewing monthly financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Uniform System of Accounts and Hilton policies and procedures. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Ensure a smooth operation of all hotel finance activities in full compliance with the policy, regulatory and contractual framework.
- Business partner with all hotel finance team members and the Hotel Management team, and supports the Assistant / Finance Lead in developing excellent working relationships across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including Commercial, IT, Procurement, Operations, Shared Service Centers (where applicable).
- Participate in all relevant Finance training and development programs.
What are we looking for?
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Must possess the ability to analyse large amounts of data / information efficiently and accurately
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal direct supervision, within initial training period after employee begins work
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of Tower operations to include all aspects
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Accounting Supervisor
Requisition ID: HOT09J5U