We are currently searching for an experienced PM Line Cook to join our team at FYR - Short North .
Integrated within Hilton Columbus Downtown , part of our brand-new second tower expansion, FYR - Short North is is our signature live fire restaurant.
FYR represents the metaphorical hearth of downtown Columbus with the centerpiece of the kitchen being a wood-fired grill. The use of fire & smoke is incorporated into most dishes to bring the historical ritual of cooking over an open flame tableside.
Check us out: FYR Short North (https://www.fyrshortnorth.com/) | Hilton Columbus (https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/cmhdwhh-hilton-columbus-downtown/)
This is a fantastic opportunity to refine your culinary skills and expand your knowledge in a creative atmosphere, alongside our award-winning team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have previous high-volume production experience
- Have a self-driven work ethic with heavy attention to detail
- Have a positive approach to hospitality and teamwork
In addition to a very competitive starting rate, you will be eligible for Hilton's industry leading benefits package, including: worldwide travel discounts, DailyPay, FREE parking or $12 bus pass, shift meals, paid time off starting on your first day, and much more!
Growing and developing our team into the future leaders of the hospitality world is engrained in our culture. We are excited to provide you with the experience and knowledge that will continue to excel your career!
What will I be doing?
As a Cook, you would be responsible for preparing food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards at all times
- Manage guest orders in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products
- Stock and maintain designated food station(s)
- Visually inspect all food sent from the kitchen
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and food items, as needed
What are the benefits of working for Hilton?*
Hilton is proud to support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Go Hilton travel program: 100 nights of discounted travel
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Hilton Shares: Our employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - you can purchase Hilton shares at a 15 percent discount!
- Maternity and parental leave, including 12 weeks of paid leave for birthing parents and four weeks of paid leave for eligible Team Members, including partners and adoptive parents
- Debt-Free Education: Team Members will have access to a wide variety of educational credentials through our partnership with Guild Education, including: college degrees and professional certifications
- Flexible shifts and days off
- Comprehensive Health Insurance coverage for you and your family, including Telemedicine and at-home care via AmazonCare
- Mental health resources including free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401K plan and company match to help save for your retirement
**Available benefits may vary depending upon property-specific terms and conditions of employment
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: PM Line Cook (Full Time) - Hilton Columbus Downtown
Requisition ID: HOT09INH