At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Weyerhaeuser Journey Level Millwright in Cottage Grove, Oregon
Weyerhaeuser, in Cottage Grove, OR, has an immediate opening for a Journeyman Millwright. This position pays$34.46an hour, skill-based pay levels,$12.00 - $32.00 *per paycheck for Health Insurance, including family coverage. Health Savings Account, dental, and vision. *401k company match up to* 2 ½ % plus 5% *company contribution. *15% off *Weyerhaeuser recreation permits.
Once employed, test up!
- An emphasis on safety
- Excellent wages and benefits
- Opportunities to learn and grow
At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren't just the trees and timberlands we oversee. Our employees and their skill and ingenuity are the real reason we've been in business for over 100 years.
Key Functions, to be performed safely:
- Perform highly skilled mechanical and maintenance tasks including installation
- Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment; including motors, pneumatics, hydraulics, conveyors, and other mill equipment
- Troubleshoot the cause of downtime events, determine course of action, and carry out repair to return equipment to effective and safe operating condition
Lubricate and clean parts, perform maintenance planning, layout work, and weld as required
Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Must be carded
- Successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen, background check, and physical
- Submit a resume
- Be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Wear all safety equipment and obey all safety rules
- Participate in safety initiatives, including exhibiting safe work practices and helping others work safely
- Be proficient in the use of hand and power tools as well as precision measuring and testing equipment
- Experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, and conveyor systems
- Be able to work all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Be able to perform labor-intensive work
- Be able to work in extreme temperatures, in dusty and noisy conditions, work from heights, and in confined/restricted areas
- Be able to lift 2-20 pounds regularly, climb steps and ladders, and stand or work from 2-3 hours at a time for 10-13 hours
- Have 5 years’ of maintenance work experience and/or educational history
- Have wood products experience
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Journey Level Millwright
Location: OR-Cottage Grove
Requisition ID: 01020004