At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
LifePoint Health Surgical Technician I - Day Shift in Danville, Virginia
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose.Come to work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. SOVAH Health - Danville is a 250-bed hospital with the region's only designated Chest Pain Center & Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center. We are an academic teaching site for residents, medical students, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and physician assistants.
Where We Are:
From our beautiful rolling countryside to our thriving downtown, Danville offers big city amenities with quaint, small-town charm. We are home to a thriving arts and entertainment scene, numerous local restaurants and shops, diverse educational institutions, and vast recreational opportunities.
Why Choose Us:**
· Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
· Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
· Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
· Professional development, Growth opportunities, and Mentor-based training
· And much more…
Sovah Health in Danville, VA. is seeking a Full Time Day Shift Surgical Technician I to join our team (6:30am-3:00pm or 5:00pm).
The Surgery Tech:
· Facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
· Delivers customer-focused quality care, under the supervision of the RN.
· Functions as a member of the surgical team and performs scrub duties, which facilitates the work of the surgeon.
· Prepares surgical operating suite with drapes, solutions, instruments, equipment and supplies.
· Ensures good working order of equipment and instruments.
· Uses all equipment and instruments according to manufacturers instructions and SHD policy and procedures.
· Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning, and draping patients.
· Provides equipment and supplies based on patient needs as well as anticipates needs of surgeon; passes instruments to physician during surgery.
· Utilizes aseptic technique per AORN standards while maintaining a sterile field.
· Initiates corrective action when breaks in technique occur.
· Continually accounts for number and location of instruments and supplies during surgery.
· Receives and processes specimens for delivery to the laboratory.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of a Program in Surgical Technology.
Certifications / License
- Licensed by the Virginia Board of Medicine as a Surgical Tech
- Heartsaver CPR American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Minimum Work Experience
- One (1) year clinical experience in a hospital OR preferred.
SOVAH Health - Danville is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job: *OR Support Staff
Organization: *SOVAH Health - Danville
Title: Surgical Technician I - Day Shift
Requisition ID: 7455-12036