At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
AdventHealth Medical Staff Coordinator Full Time Days in Daytona Beach, Florida
Medical Staff Coordinator AdventHealth Daytona Beach
Location Address: 301 Memorial Medical Parkway Daytona Beach, FL 32117
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Daytona Beach
- Immediate health benefits
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living on the shores of sunny Daytona Beach, FL.
Full Time, Day Shift
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Coordinates the appointment, reappointment and privileging process for AdventHealth in a timely and accurate manner. Authorizes access to hospital’s computerized services.
· Serves as liaison, as appropriate, between medical staff officers and the medical staff by gathering information and researching issues, minimizing the amount of time officers spend on issues that can be handled at the medical staff office level.
· Maintains a thorough knowledge of the contents of the Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations. Serves as a resource person to the Medical Staff and hospital personnel on issues pertaining to the Bylaws.
· Collects and verifies information required when physicians request additional privileges within approved criteria. Documents competency to assure criteria are met. When no criteria exists, information sources are queried (professional web sites, other hospitals, etc.), and draft criteria is formulated and presented to the appropriate Medical Staff leader.
· Fosters positive relationships and maintains goodwill with physicians and their office staffs providing assistance and information as needed.
· Coordinates Specified Professional Personell application process. Accurately and completely collects information before submitting files to Human Resources.
· Monitors and updates the Medical Staff database and distributes updates regarding the medical staff and their privileges on a monthly basis.
· Prepares the monthly Medical Staff calendar in a timely fashion and other duties as assigned.Qualifications
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel and Access required.
· Knowledge of primary source verification processes and procedures.
· Knowledge of Bylaws, Rules and Regulations to serve as resource person to the medical staff and hospital departments.
· Customer service and problem solving skills required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· AA degree or equivalent with minimum of 5 years’ experience in a hospital medical staff/credentialing office performing primary responsibilities of the office.
· Experience working with physicians and medical staff leadership, hospital administration, clinical and nursing directors required.
The Medical Staff Coordinator is responsible for the efficient processing of physician applications at AdventHealth for appointment, reappointment and additional privileges, providing accurate information to medical staff leadership with which to assess competency and grant privileges. The Medical Staff Coordinator serves as recording secretary for meetings of the medical staff leadership and follows through assuring business is completed in a timely fashion. The Medical Staff Coordinator researches credentialing, privileging, Bylaws and Rules & Regulations issues to assure only those practitioners who are clinically competent are presented to the Memorial System Credentials and Medical Executive Committees for approval. The Medical Staff Coordinator serves as liaison between the hospital and medical staff, providing service and information regarding their privileges and administrative needs, in a professional and courteous manner.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.