At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Ross Stores, Inc. IT Manager II (Automation Services) in Dublin, California
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
The Manager II, Automation Services manages a team of engineers responsible for software that streamlines processes and automates manual workflows. Ultimately, the Automation Services Manager's goal is to use automation to improve operational efficiencies and grow the bottom line. This position will interface directly with key business units, our IT security team, and other IT groups as required.
• Envision how automation could help the business. Have clear insight to be able to see a goal, and then use technology to help achieve it faster and more efficiently than before.
• Explore, advocate and implement the use of leading technologies such as robotic process automation, business process management and low code that could further shift our platform capabilities and business support.
• Manage, mentor and coach a team of development engineers. Provide regular and constructive performance feedback to individuals. Responsible for staffing decisions, coaching, development and evaluation of associates.
• Understand business process and integrate existing and new automation and workflow technologies to help drive greater efficiencies within Ross.
• Deliver automation solutions on time, with high quality and within budget.
• Manage a Center of Excellence for low code citizen developers. Ensure citizen developers receive the right level of support while staying within their guardrails.
• Dealing with Ambiguity
• Problem Solving
• Conflict Management
• Motivating Others
• Customer Focus
• Business Acumen
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• At least 5 years of experience managing a team of engineers
• Strong background in development
• A solid understanding of development best practices, including agile and waterfall.
• Experience with - workflow tools such as K2 or Nintex; Microsoft Power Platform or other low code development tools; RPA/AI tools such as Microsoft RPA or Automation Anywhere
• Demonstrated ability to execute financial analysis for projects and technologies, such as ROI, and TCO
• Ability to supervise consultants and external vendor resources
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated history of engaging internal customers, including listening, influencing, translating technical details into understandable concepts and building consensus.
• Undergraduate degree in information systems, computer science, or a related technical discipline
• At least 3-5 years of experience as an automation engineer
• Experience with O365 technologies
• Graduate degree
Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.