Shire Veteran Jobs

Job Information

International Boundary and Water Commission: United States and Mexico Lead Contract Specialist - Direct Hire in El Paso, Texas

Summary Serves as the Acquisition Division Lead Contract Specialist for the United States Section, International Boundary and Water Commission (USIBWC), responsible for the administration of a comprehensive contracting and acquisition program. Oversees the administration and close-out of contracts and the interagency and intergovernmental acquisition programs, and performs contractor oversight activities on all contracts. Leads personnel while managing the full scope of contracting office operations. Responsibilities Ensures that procurement transactions support the mission of the agency. Oversees the execution of acquisition actions by subordinate personnel from the identification of need through contract closeouts. Serves as the senior advisor to key management officials in strategic and operational planning. Provides administration and technical advisory to a team of contract specialists and purchasing agents. Exchanges factual and abstract information and presents recommendations pertaining to federal acquisition. PUBLIC NOTICE: Positions will be filled under the Direct Hiring Authority for STEM positions in accordance with OPM rules and regulations. The initial cut-off for consideration is May 20, 2024; as needed, applications received by this date will have the first opportunity for review. Applications received after this date will be given consideration only if there is a need for further review. Requirements Conditions of Employment Qualifications Qualifications must be met by the initial cut-off date of 05/20/2024. If further cut-off dates are established, qualifications must be met by those dates. To qualify for this position, you must have and/or meet the education, specialized experience, and certification requirements as listed below: Basic Requirements for GG-13: A copy of your transcripts must be submitted at the time of application. A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management. Exceptions: Employees in GG/GS-1102 positions will be considered to have met the standard for positions they occupy on January 1, 2000. This also applied to positions at the same grade in the same agency or other agencies if the specialized experience requirements are met. To be eligible for the GG-1102-13 grade level, you must possess a current Federal Acquisition Certificate in contracting (FAC-C) Professional; plus 4 years of experience. Examples of Specialized experience: Providing agency acquisition regulatory interpretation and direction, overseeing all contracting, simplified acquisitions, and government purchase cards; performing acquisition program management and administrative duties; managing the use of memorandums of understanding/agreement (MOUs/MOAs) for work to be performed with other governmental entities; assisting in making final decisions on contracting matters, including the most appropriate procurement method an contractual arrangement; assisting with terminating and suspending contracts; assisting in making decisions on protests, disputes, appeals, bid openings, negotiations, procurement integrity monitoring and claims review; assigning work; objectively assisting in analyzing performance/conduct problems through informal and formal processes, actively promoting Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) objectives of the agency, and ensuring fairness and equity in all personnel actions within the organization. Education: There is no substitution of education for experience at the GG-13 grade level. Your resume must have complete information: Please ensure your resume accurately reflects the duties and responsibilities under each position you have held with each employer. In describing your experience, please be clear and specific. It is your responsibility to make sure your resume states complete information for each job entry (beginning and ending dates of employment stated as MM/YYYY; and total hours worked per week). If your resume does not provide enough information regarding your work history for us to make a creditable qualification determination, your application package may be rendered disqualified, and you will no longer be considered for this position. Part-Time or Unpaid Experience: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment. For more information on these qualification standards, please visit the United States Office of Personnel Management's website: Education When there is a positive education requirement, transcripts (unofficial) are required at the time of application to verify that you meet the educational requirement. Only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education may be credited. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: . Additional Information If you are a veteran with preference eligibility and you are claiming veterans' preference, you must submit a copy of your DD-214 Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (member-4 copy preferred) or other proof of eligibility that shows the dates you were on active duty and your character of service (honorable, general, etc.). If you are claiming Disabled Veterans' preference you must also submit documentation of disability (i.e. VA Disability Verification Letter) and the SF-15, "Application for 10-Point Veterans' Preference." For more information on veterans' preference see Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see ). The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) provide eligible displaced Federal competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be qualified you must submit appropriate documentation (a copy of the agency notice, your most recent performance rating, and your most recent SF-50 noting current position, grade level, and duty location) and be rated in well-qualified by scoring 85 or higher on the assessment for this vacancy. Additional information about ICTAP and CTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at The hiring agency may use this announcement to fill similar positions that become vacant in the near future.