At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Texas Health Resources Certified Sterile Processing Tech - M to F; 10:30pm to 7:00 am - Central Sterile - Fort Worth in Fort Worth, Texas
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth seeks to hire a Certified Sterile Processing Tech for full time employment in the Central Sterile Department.
The address is 1301 Pennsylvania Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76104.
Salary: Min $16.09 – Max $25.28, based on relevant work experience.
Full Time; 36 hours per week
Night Shift; 10:30 PM – 7:00 AM; Monday - Friday
To include weekends and holidays
Position requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Performs scanning of instrument trays for location and creation of count sheet/label.
• Demonstrates proper assembly technique for instrument trays.
• Demonstrates wrapping/containing of instruments/tray.
• Performs scanning of instrument trays to track location using the SPM system.
• Demonstrates decontamination process according to policy and procedure. Cleaning of instruments manually Using automated cleaners
• Performs tests and documents as directed to ensure proper operation of washers and Emergency Eyewash and Shower
• Demonstrates the proper loading technique for sterilization method.
• Scans prepared items into correct sterilizer load.
• Demonstrates procedure requirements needed to complete prior to sterilization operation.
• Operates sterilizer according to the manufacturer’s instructions and the department’s policy.
• Demonstrates procedure for removal of items following sterilization.
• Effectively handles all chemical and cleaning agents used for cleaning, decontamination and sterilization of instruments and equipment.
• Describes what to do in the event of a chemical spill or related injury.
• Demonstrates safety precautions when operating washers and sterilizers.
• Follows safe lifting techniques as well as proper techniques for handling instruments
• Demonstrates processing and distribution of special medical emergency carts, and Urology carts
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent
• CSPDT - Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician Or
• CBSPD - Certification Board for Sterile Processing & Distribution Or
• CRCST - Certified Registered Central Service Technician Required Upon Hire
• At least one year current sterile processing experience highly preferred
• New Certified Grads welcome to apply
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
• Detail oriented
WHY TEXAS HEALTH RESOURCES?
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (#1)
• Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
• A 2020 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• 2019 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (ranked #1)
• A 2019 Companies that Care list by People magazine and Great Place to Work®
• A 2019 “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.