At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Hilton Front Office Manager in Foshan, China
This position is concerned with overall responsibility over Front Office operation and personnel with the hotel and a liaison role with all other departmental managers.
What will I be doing?
- To be responsible for the maximization of room revenue and profit through commercial rooms management; ensuring a consistently high standard of customer service within the department.
- To maximize room sales and revenue for the hotel. Planning and monitoring of any upselling campaign being established at the Font Desk.
- To ensure commercial management techniques of availability control are applied, to achieve the maximization of room sales and revenue.
- To make all decisions regarding overbooking the hotel on same day, ensure all out bookings are carried out by a member of management. Overbooking levels for future days will be monitored by the Revenue Manager.
- To maintain a high standard of customer relations/customer service within Front Office.
- To ensure Front Office operates with a sales attitude, and all personnel are aware of sales opportunities within the hotel which will assist with the maximization of revenue.
- To ensure the necessary forward planning is carried out to achieve the pre-set annual budget for room revenue.
- To keep senior management informed of any risk or opportunity in relation to the pre-set performance figures.
- To ensure availability is reviewed as per minimum required standards.
- To ensure accurate advance booking count and forecasting is carried out.
- To ensure all Front Office personnel are aware of all rooms sales/revenue targets and are kept informed of performance results.
- To adhere to company credit policies to ensure revenue expected will be received.
- To monitor competitors performance both past and future to ensure correct selling strategies are applied.
- To develop and maintain a high performance of communication relating to business opportunity between the hotel and the Sales and Revenue offices.
- To ensure a high standard of liaison is maintained between Front Office and all other departments within the hotel.
- Leads and motivates team members by leading by example and employing competent and consistent management practices.
- Identifies needs and training requirements of team members. Actively takes part in training the team, facilitating formal training sessions and on the job training to ensure that all team members are of the same standard. Also attends training where and when required.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to team members, reinforcing standards and expectations and motivating team members to strive for established targets.
- Responsible for conducting all PDR’s, 1:1 meetings throughout the year, ensuring that the feedback given to team members is fair, unbiased and provides a platform for continued improvement, according to the Hilton standards. Ensures that all HR related documents on team members performance is received by HR in a timely manner.
- Keeps up to date files on all team members, ensuring that team members’ progress, successes and failures can be tracked and monitored for praise of correction.
- Responsible for the departments succession planning and development of high potential team members to ensure that all team members are trained to progress to the next level of their career.
- Contributes to the hotel and team by sharing new ideas and suggestions for improvements, being innovative and creative to provide quality service and customer care to team members and guests.
- Responsible for the hiring and termination of team members, ensuring that all available positions are filled and grooming team members to fill vacancies. Ensuring that there is a consistent quality of team members employed in the department.
- Communicates results from TMOS, SALT,QA, informing the team of results, areas of weakness and strength and the following action.
- Handles complaints promptly and efficiently, taking the necessary action, and informing the Guest Relations Manager for follow up, where appropriate. Follows up with all guests to ensure satisfaction with problem resolution.
- Maintains awareness of guest’s profile and specific preferences, ensuring that they are acted upon for each reservation.
- Acts as the first point of contact and liaison for VIP guests, ensuring that they are treated personally and recognized as an individual. Follows up on a daily basis to meet and greet VIP’s ensuring that a personalized level of service is given.
- Liaises with Sales, Reservations and the Business Development team to handle corporate guests and contracts.
- Promotes HHonours and its associated benefits to guests who are not already enrolled in the program. Ensures that existing HHonours members receive personal and professional service that recognizes them as important guests and that their benefits are received.
- Allocates rooms in accordance to the guests reservation, preference and remarks, maintaining a systemized and sales focused approach to room inventory management.
- Ensures that guests profiles and information is input in to the Police Report system in a timely and accurate way.
- Applies Hilton Brand Standards in each and every action, acting as a role model and example of how the standards should be carried out in a practical setting.
- Has knowledge of the hotels facilities and services as well as basic knowledge of Hilton International, MEAP & other properties in China.
- Is up to date with information on facilities, attractions, places of interest, sights and activities in and around Hotel.
- Ensures communication, coordination and cooperation between the front desk and other operating departments, specifically Housekeeping, F&B and Accounts.
- Maintains the hotel systems to ensure accuracy of information and data, and that it is easy to use and operated in an organized and systemized way. Also Ensures that the Front Desk equipment and systems are functioning at all times, and that the area is maintained in a clean, tidy and organized way.
- Review and implement procedures and systems where applicable.
- Passes on information effectively, ensuring that all necessary details are communicated to the intended person and that any pending action is completed and guest satisfaction confirmed. Conducts daily briefings, shift handovers, attends meetings and effectively communicates information to team members.
- Adhere to the hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedures.
- To ensure that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Team member Rules and Regulations.
- The management reserves the right to change / extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her / his employment.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Awareness and sensitivity to the concept of luxury and quality.
- Responsive and genuine with customers.
- Confident with customers.
- Going above and beyond the regular duties.
- Communicates effectively and clearly.
- Inspires co-operation and commitment.
- Adapts work style and ethics appropriately.
- Actively listens and builds on other ideas.
- Effectively understands and uses resources.
- Is culturally sensitive.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills, added with good training skills.
- Guest oriented and able to confidently build and exceed the service standards.
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- University graduate, excellent command of written and spoken in English and Chinese language.
- 3 or 5 years of extensive Front office operating experience.
- Working experience within Hilton Group.
- Additional language ability preferred.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services, Operations, and Front Office
Title: Front Office Manager
Requisition ID: HOT0732C