At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Kiewit Corporation Survey Manager - Southern California District in Glendora, California
Requisition ID: 125563
Job Level: Senior Level
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Survey Manager, you will play an integral role in establishing and maintaining methods for a safe, accurate and efficient Survey Department. You will have responsibilities over contractual requirements, design model review and field survey operations. You will have responsibilities over contractual requirements, design model review and field survey operations, and should plan to spend about 30% of your time in the field observing and instructing the survey operations.
Kiewit’s Southern California District is one of Kiewit’s leading infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil projects that include earth moving, water/wastewater, transportation, roadways, and power projects. Most of our work is concentrated in the Southern California region, with some work in Hawaii.
Kiewit’s Southern California District is based out of the Santa Fe Springs, CA office and supports projects throughout the Southern California region, building out project/construction schedules for all types of infrastructure work across the region.
• Includes knowing the PLS requirements for the project, what specific surveys are required for the design, as-built, monumentation and layout.
Design Model Review:
• Coordinate with the designer the file types required for survey operations. Conducted to ensure the accuracy of the files prior to being used for survey field calculations.
• Establish regular meetings with the designer to review and plan for design survey requests and design model file progression.
Field Survey Operations:
• Staffing of the survey department along with personnel and equipment.
• Establish a project survey plan and outline specific field and office procedures.
• Oversee the Survey Department with daily reviews of record keeping, field procedures and survey audits to ensure that all work is performed in an efficient and professional manner.
• Maintain the official set of plans for the survey department.
• Provide weekly staff training sessions to ensure a competent and qualified staff.
Ability to travel and relocate as needed
Experience will be heavily considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
5-10 years' experience in Heavy Civil Construction Staking is required
Dynamic thinker with the desire to lead, motivate and mentor teams
Self-starter with the ability to set standards of excellence in leadership, safety, quality and productivity
Proficient computer knowledge including Trimble Business Center, Terramodel or Microstation and Microsoft Suite
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong work ethic with the ability to work individually and as a team
Committed to working safe and getting the job done right the first time
Experience taking a project from primary control to as-builts
California PLS a plus, but not required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.