At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Grand Island SNF Dining Services Associate in Grand Island, New York
Dining Services Associate
# of Openings
Area of Interest
Elderwood at Grand Island
Join Our Team
Join our strong and growing company today!
Elderwood at Grand Island is Hiring a PT Dining Service Associates!
Dining Service Assistant (DSA) team members are responsible for ensuring the health and wellbeing of our residents by being responsible for food and beverage preparation, meal service, and kitchen/equipment sanitation. This individual also assists with providing a positive experience to the residents while following all applicable regulations.
We are located at 2850 Grand Island Blvd. Grand Island, NY 14072
Shift: PT 7:00am-3:00pm
1. Assists in the preparation and delivery of meals to residents according to department policy and position assignment.
2. Adheres to the resident's diet order, texture/consistency modifications, and menu preferences during the preparation and service of food items and beverages.
3. Performs all responsibilities of the designated position assignment during the scheduled shift in accordance with all safety regulations and standards of practice.
4. May serve meals to residents in dining areas according to seating chart and instructions on resident tray tickets.
5. Assists in care and maintenance of kitchen environment and equipment.
6. Regularly contributes to, and actively participates in, facility and department staff meetings and inservices.
7. May interact and communicate with residents/family members regarding meal service quality.
8. Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
9. Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as scheduled.
10. Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
11. Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
12. Supports and abides by Elderwood's Mission, Vision, and Values.
13. Abides by Elderwood's businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
Minimum of 16 years of age
Employment Certificate/Permit required for applicable individuals
Prior customer service experience
ServSafe certification or willingness to obtain
Physical stamina necessary for constant activity
HS diploma or equivalent preferred
Prior food service, hospitality, serving, or restaurant experience desired
401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Conveniently located on a bus route, Employee of the Month recognition, Enjoy a fun and diverse work environment, Free On-Site Parking, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Increased Wages, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Monthly employee appreciation events, NEW Weekly Pay Schedule!, Point-earning employee reward program: redeem for prizes!, Quiet suburban neighborhood, Strong leadership, Substantial employee referral program, Truly make a difference in our residents' lives while providing top notch care, Tuition reimbursement program
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.