At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
BT Network Engineer and Test manager in Hatfield Business Park, United Kingdom
Network Engineer and Test manager
Job Req ID: 5505
Posting Date: 10-Nov-2022
Hatfield Business Park, Hatfield, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive = Excellent Benefits
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here aboutwhat it's like to work at BT (https://www.btplc.com/Careercentre/lifeatbt/index.htm) .
Testing is a fundamental pillar and enables BT to deliver innovative, customer centric and cost-effective solutions successfully, safely, and right first time. Testing ensures we deliver outstanding customer experience and will enable BT to win in the marketplace. Our test capability is the foundation on which this is delivered. Defining a successful test solution requires the balancing of customer experience, technical capability, business requirements, cost, deliverability, and innovation.
You will be responsible for establishing and managing the E2E test capability across the One Phone solution and will also be responsible for defining and maintaining technical roadmap for the testing function. This includes 3rd party stakeholder management and proactively contributing to the test strategy evolution by bringing an understanding of what new test function and capabilities exist and evolve these as industry trends emerge.
Your core duties include:
• Manage the One Phone test capability. You will be responsible for risk & financial management and working collectively to achieve OnePhone Technology infrastructure delivery and transformational goals
• Interact with customers and senior internal stakeholders including project and programme managers to gather insight and feedback to inform testing requirements and approach
• Monitor day to day activities to ensure all objectives are achieved, review reports and statistics to unblock any issues
• Coordinate a diverse team and creates the initial test schedule to deliver all aspects of testing to time, budget, and quality targets, holding accountability for producing outlines of solutions and defining depth of testing required
• Plans and oversees full lifecycle integration testing to support complex projects
• Testing and quality assurance
• Issue management
• Product and service knowledge
• Technology excellence
• Improvement focus
• BT Pension scheme, minimum 5% Employee contribution, BT contribution 10%
• Purchase discounted BT shares
• Options including childcare vouchers, private healthcare, season ticket loan
• Discounted products including broadband and BT Sport
• Access to 100s of retail discounts including the BT shop
BT have moved to a hybrid working model - you can work from home 2 days per week. This means you’ll be at your contractual location 3 days a week.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
This advert closes on 8th December, after which the hiring manager will review all applicants and provide feedback.
Interested? Don’t miss out. Click apply now and submit your details.
We’re aware some candidates are having issues applying to internal adverts. Drop me a message if so firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is the BT Group
We're the leading communications provider with customers in 180 countries. Across the world we enable customer's digital transformations so they can thrive. our focus is simple: be the global provider-of-choice for managed network and IT infrastructure services..