At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Corning Incorporated Regional Product Engineering Manager, Asia in Hefei, China
Regional Product Engineering Manager, Asia
- Please wait...
Date: Oct 18, 2020
Location: Hefei, 34, CN, 230012
Requisition Number: 42566
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Purpose of Position
•Provide assistance to Product Engineering Manager to manage both external and internal specification for Automotive Glass solutions:
o Ensure the specification supports Automotive Glass Solutions (AGS) product value proposition and within manufacturing capabilities.
o If manufacturing capabilities gap exists, collaborate with PLM, Development and Engineering organization to establish plan to close the capabilities gap.
o Aligns and integrates customer product specifications with master specifications through business-wide processes and systems.
• Review RFQs and drawings with inputs from application engineers and subject matter experts:
o Determine if the RFQ is in line with standard product offering.
o If it is not, quantify the product requirements gaps and discuss with PLM and Development to determine if there are pathways to develop the capabilities required.
o Provide recommendations to PLM and Sales on next steps.
• Leads new product qualification process to anticipate the potential impact of changes in AGS products on the customer. Collaborate with Quality and Engineering on process qualification when required.
• Support application engineering team to provide technical support and service to customers to ensure effective and timely responses to customer technical inquiries:
o Preparing customer technical presentations when required.
o Establish process and tools to facilitate the resolution of customer issues.
o Secure material compliance documentation from suppliers/laboratories.
• Benchmarks competitive substrates and highlights key threats and opportunities to confirm or maintain today’s differential advantage.
• BS or MS in science or engineering discipline.
• Minimum of 10 years of track record in managing projects and technology portfolio.
• Strong preference for individuals that has been application engineer, product engineer or quality engineer with process engineering and statistical process control experience.
• Strong preference for individuals with supervisory experience.
• Ability to lead and operate in highly matrix organization with multiple reporting structures.
• Strong problem solving skills, ability to stay calm under difficult situations and communicate clearly across organization.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Please wait...