At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
AdventHealth Patient Account Billing Representative AdventHealth in Hendersonville, North Carolina
Patient Account Billing Representative AdventHealth Hendersonville
Location Address: 100 Hospital Dr, Hendersonville, NC 28792
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers that feel like family
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Reviews Work Items daily and carries out action needed for claim resolution. Documents all activity clearly including information essential for future follow-up.
- Relies on online resources for claim status and updates. Monitors websites for Payer policy changes and shares information with management and team members.
- Resolves denied claims that do not require an appeal. Claims needing appeal are referred to denial team.
- Processes correspondence and email in a timely manner; responds to requests for additional information promptly.
- Maintains days in A/R, aging of accounts and collections for rep assignment within corporate defined goals.
- Communicate effectively with physician offices.
- Prepare analysis of ATB greater than 60 days with detailed understanding of problems creating payment delay, as needed, and reports this to Assistant Director.
- Process correspondence and emails in a timely manner and completes necessary actions.
- Maintain days in A/R, aging of accounts and collections within corporate defined goals.
- Make appropriate decisions for resolution of unpaid claims.
- Accept other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Experience with medical terminology, insurance reimbursement, ICD-10 and CPT coding preferred.
Reviews all 72 hour and OP to OP overlaps for possible combining according to policy. Works in other areas as assigned.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.