At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Lockheed Martin Software Test Manager in Herndon, Virginia
Description: The GEOINT Repository for Needs (GRFN) Program provides critical capabilities to help enable efficient and timely GEOINT collection management across multiple collection providers. GRFN operates on multiple hardware platforms and combines COTS software with a custom-built application to meet critical mission objectives. The program is structured utilizing DevSecOps and Agile principles. These development methods emphasize communication, collaboration (information sharing and web service usage), integration, automation, and measurement of cooperation between software developers and other IT engineering professionals. Operational stability of the GEOINT Information Management Services (GIMS) system is the program’s number one priority.
The System Integration / Test Engineering Manager is a first-level management position supporting the GRFN Program with 20 multi-disciplined engineers (LM & subcontractors) assigned within their reporting structure. This leadership position will have organizational & functional oversight over the Systems Integration Team (SIT) team. In this role, working closely with the GRFN Test Lead, the candidate will ensure the accomplishment of feature-level verification and system-level testing of our integrated development baseline through our Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT); as well as support to Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) testing, Enterprise testing, regression testing, and performance testing. Test automation is a focus for the program and the team. The candidate will also have budgetary responsibility as a Control Account Manager (CAM) for the program work scope allocated to the SIT team.
In addition, the selected candidate will have organizational & functional oversight of our Systems Engineering team. In this role, the candidate will work closely with Program & Technical Leadership, Finance & Business Operations (F&BO), and Contracts to ensure the continued integration of additional work scope to meet customer requirements that also provides a robust backlog of future work for the program.
Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen possess a current TS / SCI clearance (government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information).
• Previous demonstrated experience in a leadership role.
• Proven experience in supporting formal test activities.
• Proficiency with Agile development tools and techniques.
• Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen possess a current TS/
SCI clearance (government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information).
•Prior experience with large software development programs
• Proven knowledge/experience with new IT technologies and cloud integration
• Excellent verbal and writtencommunication/presentation skills
• Strong project engineering and organizational skills
• Ability to lead a multi-functional and geographically dispersed organization
• Prior experience as an L-coded functional leader – to include time keeping compliance, staffing, awards, appraisals, career discussions, and salary planning
• Domain expertise in Intelligence arena (preferably GEOINT) – knowledge of customer, products, and user community
• Prior experience with NGA systems
• Experience with COTS integration on large scale systems
• Experience executing in a Cloud and/or data center ASP/ISP environment construct
• Demonstrated ability to collect, analyze and report on development systems sustainment metrics in support of a large development program
• Experience managing the efforts of integrated subcontractors
• Understanding of processes associated with configuration management & engineering review boards
• Experience with Full Spectrum Leadership in execution and delivery of E&T responsibilities
• Knowledge of Lockheed Martin policies & procedures
• Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM), specifically as a Control Account Manager (CAM)
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: Standard Monday to Friday 40 hour work week
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Management