At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
SOS International LLC AOC Network Administrator in Honolulu, Hawaii
SOS International, LLC is currently looking for an experienced AOC Network Administrator to join our team in Honolulu, HI. The Mission Partner Environment Engineering Services (MPE-ES) team in Honolulu, Hawaii creates network infrastructure designs for USINDOPACOM services. Our designs are secure, reliable, and resilient and support USINDOPACOM’s mission and its 5000+ customers throughout the Pacific theater. Our team solves challenging technical problems with architecturally unique solutions that enable USINDOPACOM to realize critical C2 strategies. The team develops systems to ensure that every segment of our enterprise infrastructure is healthy and manageable and is robust enough to connect hundreds of cutting-edge embedded systems theater-wide.
Responsible for the planning, design, acquisition, installation, and maintenance of LAN and WAN, electronic mail, telecommunications, and PC based systems and related software. Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and telecommunications equipment. Sets up and administers security procedures; troubleshoots problems; establishes and implements LAN policies and their conformance; coordinates activities of LAN support personnel, providing guidance on common networking issues. Assesses vendor products; manages network performance, troubleshoots problems, and maintains network security.
• Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks.
• Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
• Evaluates hardware and software, including peripheral, output, and related equipment.
• Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
• Participates in and may lead aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
• Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
• Develops and implements testing strategies and document results.
• Provides advice and training to end-users.
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
• May provide work leadership to less-experienced network personnel.
• Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
• Participates in special projects as required.
• Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
• Maintains the integrity and security of network devices and systems.
• Maintains system documentation
• Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Patches and updates network device operating systems to Department of Defense guidelines.
• Troubleshoots and resolves issues with Cisco IOS and NxOS based network devices
• Develops scripts and tools to automate and improve user support activities
• Monitors overall network health and troubleshoots reported events
• Provides Tier 0 computer support to customers
• Complete all required ITEC account documentation and training
• Maintain 100% accountability of all assigned Information Technology (IT) equipment
• Conduct all required inspections and inventories
• Maintains Comsec keying material for required HAIPE devices as the as the Comsec custodian
• An active in-scope SECRET clearance.
• Bachelors’ degree in a related field (or the equivalent years of experience)
• A minimum of five (5) years of related experience
• DoD IAT Level II certification (CCNA-Security, CND, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP) or higher is required
• Comprehensive knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support.
• Comprehensive knowledge of routers, switches, firewalls, cryptographic devices (HAIPE, commercial encryption) patch panels, concentrators, associated terminals, and related network hardware and software.
• Comprehensive knowledge of desktop operating systems and applications.
• Familiarity with virtual desktop infrastructure implementations and concepts
• May require professional certification in one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
An active in-scope Top Secret/SCI clearance.
CCNA technical certification
Fluency in a foreign language is desirable, but not required.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
May require periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends.
SOSi is an equal employment opportunity employer and affirmative action employer. All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Job Locations US-HI-Honolulu
Job Post Information* : Posted Date 1 week ago (2/23/2021 4:40 PM)
Category Information Technology
Location : Location US-HI-Honolulu
Clearance Requirement Secret
Job Requires Relocation Yes