What You Will Do
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Sales Floor Department Supervisor, this means:
• Providing resources and tools to support those directly helping customers provide the best service.
• Assisting with down stocking and area recovery as well as providing input into merchandising decisions.
• Monitoring use of store power equipment and coaching employees on safe behaviors and lifting techniques.
The Sales Floor Department Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading and enabling a team of associates to deliver the best possible customer experience in the store. This includes coaching and training associates, delegating, following-up on daily tasks, managing performance, and ensuring adequate department coverage. Sales Floor Department Supervisors are responsible for customer-facing activities (e.g., greeting customers, clarifying needs and identifying solutions, closing sales), non-customer-facing activities (e.g., down stocking, inventory management, area recovery) and store safety (e.g., conducting safety walks, reporting hazards, understanding safety and lifting directions).
The Sales Floor Department Supervisor works with his/her leaders to identify approaches and behaviors that best meet sales and service objectives, then communicates those best practices to the team in a way that inspires engaging, customer-focused behavior and goal attainment. Further, the Sales Floor Department Supervisor must supervise associates in other departments, as needed, to meet the demands of the store. This requires broad product knowledge and the ability to engage associates and customers across departments. It is important that this associate communicate upward to keep management informed of concerns, issues, praises, and morale.
In addition to the responsibilities summarized above, individuals in this role may occasionally open or close the store or serve as manager-on-duty (MOD).
Travel Requirements: This role does not require regular travel; however, this role may need to travel on occasion to meetings, trainings, or to support neighboring stores/outlets.
What We're Looking For
• Hourly Full Time: Generally scheduled 39 to 40 hours; more hours may be required based on the needs of the store.
• Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability any day of the week.
• Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, and other activities necessary to perform job duties.
• Minimally must be able to lift 25 pounds without assistance; may lift over 25 pounds with or without assistance.
What You Need To Succeed
• High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience in a retail environment OR 5 years of experience in a retail environment.
• 1 year of experience in customer service.
• 1 year of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro customers (for Pro Department Supervisor).
• Experience providing direction or supervision to teams (with or without direct report responsibility).
• Experience supporting or participating in the process of training, mentoring and developing associates.
• Experience working cross-functionally.
• Experience Using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to obtain sales related licensure or registration as may be required by law.
• 3 years of retail customer service experience.
• 3 years of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro customers (Pro Department Supervisor).
• Experience in a leadership role with direct report responsibility.
• Experience working in the home improvement retail sector.
• Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic retail environment.
• Experience in key carrying role with manager-on-duty responsibilities.
• Experience using store computer systems (including but not limited to: Project Tool, Genesis, Sterling, M2O, Thin Client, etc.).
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, age, ancestry, national origin, mental or physical disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other category protected under federal, state, or local law.