Position Profile: Data Engineer
The mission of the business intelligence team is to create a data-driven culture that empowers leaders to integrate data into daily decisions and strategic planning. We aim to provide visibility, transparency, and guidance regarding the quantity and quality of results, activities, financial KPIs, and leading indicators to identify trends aimed at data-based decision-making quickly.
The Data Engineer’s role is to design and develop software and computer systems. This person implements designs by writing computer programs and updating and troubleshooting or repairing existing programs to optimize operational efficiency. This role is also responsible for helping to develop and implement future technology roadmap initiatives.
Programming & Code Writing
● Build scalable and reusable libraries
● Follow industry best practices for coding and implementing new projects
● Utilize agile and SDLC methodologies
Consulting & Partnership
● Serve as subject matter expert to create processes and maintain templates for technical requirements gathering for functional and non-functional requirements in a standardized fashion.
● Consult with business analysts to plan project execution, including appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources, and establishing realistic completion times.
● Utilize knowledge of technology roadmap to provide forward-thinking recommendations.
● Proactively partner with internal stakeholders to bridge gaps, provide historical references, and design the appropriate processes.
Troubleshooting & Continuous Improvement
● Troubleshoot and provide technical guidance to resolve issues related to misaligned or inaccurate data or data fields, or new customer requirements.
● Resolve escalated reporting requests and communicate proactively and timely.
● Maintain new release, migration, and sprint schedules for software upgrades, enhancements, and fixes to aid with product evolution.
● Write QA/QC Scripts to conduct the first round of testing and partner with the BA team for test validation for new developments before moving to production.
● Use industry knowledge & feedback to aid in developing a technology roadmap and future product(s) vision.
● Document standard ways of working via QRGs, intranet pages, and video series
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, highly preferred, Master’s degree a plus
5-7 years of software development experience with at least 3+ years of experience as a data engineer
Minimum of seven years of experience working through the design, development, release cycle, and delivery of software products to the market
Project Management and/or process improvement experience is highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong data engineering (ETL) experience in any cloud platform (AWS/GCP/Azure)
Strong experience and understanding of data warehouse and data lake implementation.
Advanced knowledge of Python, Java, SQL, relational databases, ERP, DOMO, or other data visualization tools, i.e., Tableau
Intermediate knowledge in Java, ERP, DOMO, or other data visualization tools, i.e., Tableau
Experience in CICD frameworks and container-based deployments
Good understanding and experience with Git
System Design experience in LLD and HLD
Good understanding of Kubernetes
Any exposure to Kafka, Spark and Scala will be an added advantage
Excellent interpersonal communication skills and intrinsic motivation
Proactive leadership, project management, time management, and problem solving skills
Extensive experience with data analysis , modeling and data pipelining including : data cleaning, standardizing, scaling, tuning , scheduling and deployment
Experience composing detailed technical documentation and procedures for data models
Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects, tasks, and meeting deadlines while maintaining quality
Strong drive and commitment for delivering outstanding results
Experience with TDD
☒ Provides guidance, leadership, or training to other employees (no direct supervision)
☐ No supervisory responsibility
☐ Directly responsible for supervising non-exempt, clerical, or office administrative personnel
☐ Directly responsible for supervising exempt, professional, or technical employees
☐ Directly responsible for supervising supervisory/managerial employees
Job Title this position reports: Manager of Data Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please just let us know.