At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
S&P Global Specialist, Center of Excellence Accounting in Hyderabad, India
The Role: Sr. Specialist, Revenue Center of Excellence Accounting
Location: Hyderabad, India
Grade: 08 (relevant for internal applicants only)
The Center of Excellence Accounting team within Corporate Controllers is responsible accounting across S&P Global related to revenue and centralized accounting support across the income statement. The team values collaboration and the ability to think critically while problem solving.
The individual will perform the revenue accruals and assist on expense side, as needed. The individual and his/her team is responsible for accrual calculation model building and Accounts Receivable/Deferred Revenue reconciliations. The individual should understand OTC reporting and the reconciliation processes in order to perform the duties. This position will assist the Director, Center of Excellence Accounting, for the recording of the month end close entries for the OTC close. The individual will also be helping with the ad hoc reporting and audit requests and ensure the adherence to our SOX policies and procedures related to AR and Revenue accounting.
The role will assist with the calculation of complex revenue and expense accruals impacting multiple business units across S&P Global. Accounting is dependent on using data form multiple sub-systems across the company that are organized and linked to calculation models that drive revenue accruals, customer invoicing and expense accruals.
The candidate will perform general ledger control reconciliations and work closely with the Business Unit Finance / Corporate Controllers teams to complete the reconciliations meeting the reconciliation policy requirements. The candidate should be proactive in getting the reconciliation items cleared on a timely manner.
Understand subsystems such as Oracle Cloud, AR, AP modules and our legacy systems that impact revenue recognition to ensure overall end to end process works continuously and effectively. Adhere to accounting, audit, systems controls, and procedures ensuring compliance with corporate policies and SOX controls.
What’s in it for you:
• Opportunity to be part of S&P Global, a growing global organization that powers the markets of the future.
• Be part of a global accounting team and collaborate with domestic and international staff, third parties; AP and OTC teams and all global business units focusing on achieving team / company objectives.
• To work in the latest cutting edge technologies including our initiatives into automation and lean Six Sigma projects
• Learn, absorb, and perform accrual models across various business groups.
• Night shift required, same hours as New York team. Can be adjusted after training period completion.
• Calculation of complex revenue and expense accruals using data from multiple sub-systems across S&P Global.
• Assisting with reporting to internal FP&A teams.
• Preparation of purchase orders, accounts payable royalty invoice payment processing and tracking.
• Assist in the preparation of the accounting close and financial reporting including journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Work closely with other team members across the S&P Global Corporate Controllers team.
• Use broader knowledge of financial principles and theories to continually improve processes.
• Performs back fill and support to other accountants in the team.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact and collaborate with internal (employees) and external customers at all levels including third parties to achieve results.
• Strong ability to analyze and resolve issues timely and efficiently while ensuring SOX compliance is imperative.
• 4-6 years of revenue accounting experience preferred.
• College level accounting degree required.
• Experience with SAP/Oracle and the willingness to learn data management tools like Alteryx and Tableau.
• Strong Excel skills such as Pivots and formulas
• Experience in Alteryx or databases a plus
• Willingness to learn our new systems and legacy systems at a fast pace.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
• Ability to interact and collaborate with internal and external customers at all levels of management and staff globally.
• High degree of accuracy and management of heavy workload; understanding of contributions to the overall end to end process.
• Knowledge of all Microsoft Office Products specifically Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Must be assertive to follow up on resolving issues, ability to multi-task in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global Corporate
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group)
Job ID: 289498
Posted On: 2023-09-15
Location: Hyderabad, Telangana, India