At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
ARAMARK Event Day Supervisor -- IUP KCAC in Indiana, Pennsylvania
The Wait Staff Lead position is vital to achieving excellent guest service and executing catering events. The Wait Staff Lead is responsible for pulling equipment for event set up, transporting materials and food to the event, setting up the event, serving guests, cleaning up the event, and returning equipment to the catering Department. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position may vary by Aramark location based on client requirements and business needs.
• Leads catering team on all catering functions
• Leads preparation banquet room for the function
• Serve meals and beverages in accordance with catering protocol and banquet sheets
• Accurately set tables for special functions
• Load/unload event equipment into catering vehicles, following all safety procedures in compliance with DOT regulations.
• Clean all functions areas upon completion
• Perform opening and closing side work as needed
• Must maintain a professional appearance
• Maintain storage rooms and supplies in an orderly fashion
• Maintain equipment and all other catering supplies
• Perform all job duties safely and efficiently
• Follows all company safety policies and procedures
• Ability to understand and follow directions from the Manager/Director
• Ability to lift up to 50 lb and frequently lift, push, pull, or carry up to 30 lb
• Ability to walk or stand for extended time periods, up to 6 hours
• Involves repetitive motion
• Involves working with chemicals, heated equipment, steam and at other risk conditions
• Ability to move in and out of catering vehicles and transport event equipment and food product in a safe manner
• Cross-training and work in other dining locations as needed
• May supervise the staff and sanitation of facilities of the locations
• Responsible for openings and closing the building, addressing employee matters, and making sure the location is staffed appropriately
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• 1-year supervisory experience
• Desired Qualifications: - Ability to carry at least 4 meals on a tray at any given time
• Excellent Guest Service Skills and ability to work in a team environment
• Ideal candidate has a flexible schedule to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Enjoys working in a lively environment
• Well-groomed and professional attire (follow Aramark standards for uniform and grooming)
• TIPS/TEAM Certified
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter .
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.