At Office Depot Inc., the Sales Advisor is a part-time role providing exceptional customer service by performing duties as cashier, providing logistics support, inventory control, cleaning the store, protecting company assets, and stocking, restocking, down stocking. The Sales Advisor will quickly build and maintain customer relationships and become a trusted advisor by utilizing basic training of technology products/services and print offerings.
The Sales Advisor in this role will demonstrates a passion for the brand, technology products, furniture, services, print and other services/products offered to our customers. The Sales Advisor will utilize Office Depot Inc’s proven sales principles to proactively engage customers to drive the sales of our total offerings and properly assess customer needs to ensure satisfaction in every interaction.
The essential functions of this position may require you to consent to periodic comprehensive background checks conducted by a third-party.
· Provides exceptional customer service by performing duties such as cashier, logistics support, stocking, restocking, down stocking, inventory control, cleaning the store, and protecting company assets.
· Performs merchandise-related activities to ensure merchandise presentation guidelines are met through implementing plan-o-gram changes and updates, merchandise set, and price changes. Sets weekly ads, including price changes, and any associated updates to store signage.
· Follows the established sorting and stocking guidelines and completes freight processes. Ensures freight sorting area is organized and setup in accordance with guidelines. Scans, investigates, and fills inventory lows and outs daily.
· Proactively acknowledges and engages every customer to ensure a positive customer experience. Utilizes and understands the selling program to promote the sale of the best solution as well as additional product and/or services solutions. Maintains awareness of planned advertisements and promotions.
· Able to evaluate the customer’s needs to determine what additional offerings or services that a customer may need in addition to determining if a customer should be referred to the Contract Sales organization.
· Works to develop personal selling skills and specialized product knowledge through sales and service tools provided. Drives
· Technology, Tech Services, Furniture and Print sales by supporting all related current programs, new product launches and special initiatives.
· Ensures compliance with company policies, procedures, and practices and supports company loss prevention efforts.
· Successful completion of Tech, Print, and other applicable training and continued education in these areas is expected, up to and including designated certifications, if required.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· Level of Formal Education: High School diploma or equivalent education is preferred
· Years of Experience: No previous experience required
· Type of Experience: Retail sales experience preferred
· Language Skills: Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills, which are necessary to establish a selling relationship with customers and other employees.
· Technical Competencies:
o Must possess the ability to use technology and print equipment applicable to role, and to access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
o Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system
o Basic computer skills
· Skills and Ability:
o Must be able to read, count and write to accurately complete documentation, utilize training tools and process inventory.
o Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
o Must be adaptable to a changing environment
· Information Systems: Must possess ability to work with computers to process information/inventory through computer systems.
· Personal Attributes: Must enjoy interacting with people
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified. Other duties may be assigned.
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule:
The company offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How to Apply:
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The company is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.