At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Vail Resorts Bartender - 9280 - Summer Seasonal in Keystone, Colorado
We’re looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the world around them, who take pride in ensuring our guests receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Life at 9,280 feet in the sky is a little different. With our crisp Rocky Mountain air and boundless options for adventure and exploration, you can join a community who loves where they live and loves what they do. Keystone will be your home away from home; a place where friendliness, an eye for detail and unmatched guest service is the foundation of our Culture. Come join our team – where A Mountain of Possibilities awaits. www.vailresortscareers.com
As of Nov. 15, 2021, Vail Resorts will be requiring all employees across North America to be vaccinated for COVID-19.
The bartender is responsible to prepare and serve alcoholic beverages for guests, and oversee bar operations.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Must be open to the one team work ethic. You may not assume you will always work at the bar/restaurant that you are coded to. Being flexible to go where help is needed, is a must.
• Provide superior service to our customers (internal and external) at all times. Follow the Resort Etiquette Guidelines while interacting with the guests, and respond to all guests in a courteous, efficient manner.
• Open bar facilities. Stock and set up bar for service.
• Mix and serve drinks to customers.
• Maintain good customer relations; interact with customers in a pleasant and professional manner.
• Ensure that all bar staff adhere to state liquor regulations.
• Determine when customers should not be served liquor.
• Handle or supervise the handling of disturbances created by disorderly and/or intoxicated patrons.
• Perform cashier duties: take payments, organize receipts and closing report .
• Work with F & B Manager to ensure bar maintains an appropriate inventory of liquor, food, and supplies - adjusting to varying levels of projected business. Prepare any related records/reports.
• Mop, vacuum, wipe down bar and tables, empty trash and recyle at end of shift.
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
• Current TIPS certification or equivalent High School education plus a minimum of one year of relevant bar, night club and/or food service experience; or, a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
• Excellent foundational knowledge and skills related to bar set up and drink preparation.
• Excellent knowledge of state liquor regulations.
• Good basic administrative and math skills; familiarity with liquor inventory control.
• Neat appearance and strong customer interaction skills.
• Ability to deal with customers in a courteous and efficient manner.
• Ability to deal effectively with all patrons.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• Must have a valid Food Handler’s Permit and Tips & Sips certificate - will provide with TIPS training within 30 days of hire if necessary.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to bend, lift, and carry heavy objects.
the budgeted range starts at 9.30 + Tips. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The budgeted range starts at $9.98. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
The perks and benefits include
Free ski passes for employees
401(k) retirement plan
Accrued Sick Time
Discount lift tickets for friends and family
Free ski lessons
Discounted lodging, food (including $5 meals), gear, and mountain shuttles
Discounted bike haul & golf
Excellent training & professional development
Seasonal Full Time roles are eligible for the above, plus…
Critical Illness and Accident plans
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (only available once eligible employees work 750 hours)
Free ski passes for dependents
Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. As a community of adventurers and discoverers, Vail Resorts delivers an experience of a lifetime to our guests and our employees. Our team is made whole by the brave, passionate individuals who ambitiously push boundaries and challenge the status quo. Whether you’re looking for seasonal work or the career of a lifetime, join us today to reach your peak.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 435369