At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
State of Nebraska IT Supervisor in Lincoln, Nebraska
PERM FULL TIME
Department of Administrative Services
11/5/2021 11:59 PM Central
Under administrative direction, this position serves as a Business Service Manager to the Department of Agriculture. The Manager oversees several key functions within the agency that enable the delivery of a high-quality service to end-users, and to ensure Service Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. This position is a customer-facing role and requires the manager to establish and manage expectations within the agency and drive the Office of the Chief Information Officer (OCIO) team to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
We offer an excellent total compensation package including: 13 paid holidays; vacation and sick leave; State-matched retirement plan; health, dental, vision, and life insurance options! Treating others with dignity & respect – ethically sound – customer always the priority. Sound like you? This might be your perfect fit!
Nebraska State Office Building 301 Centennial Mall S - 4th Floor
Hours: 8-5, Monday - Friday
Examples of Work
• Ensure the OCIO maintains high performing service support functions including, IT Incident Requests (IR), Service Requests (SR), Desktop Support and support for all agency-related change management
• Owner of the Incident, Request, Change and Escalation processes within their agency, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
• As an owner of the escalation process, the Business Service Manager will take ownership of major incidents to ensure coordination of resolving parties, effective communication to the OCIO and agency stakeholders and post-incident review
• Support service delivery; ensuring methodologies and procedures are in place and followed
• Champion Service and Support in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting their agency
• Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood
• Drive service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality and processes
• Ensure that training is in place to educate agency staff on policies and procedures related to service management (i.e., IR, SR, CR)
• Work with the OCIO team to evolve standards for hardware, software and security in the desktop environment
• Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
• Work with the agency, OCIO and third party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services
• Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service performance (Age ticket reports, Service Level expectations and actuals, Problem – Service – Incident Management reporting and trending)
• Be an ambassador for the OCIO, working with both the agency and OCIO to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: A bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information systems, mathematics, engineering or other related field and two years of experience in a related information technology discipline (network infrastructure, coding, systems or database); experience can be substituted for education on a year for year basis, one year of which as a project coordinator, leader, or supervisor.
PREFERRED: Strong problem-solving skills. Customer service resolution experiences. Excellent communication skills; written and verbal. Ability to supervise and mentor teammates. Fundamental understanding of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework and IT Service Management (ITSM) methods.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: computers and electronics; applicable standards and procedures regarding systems development and documentations; agency business processes and functions; labor contracts; personnel rules, regulations and policies applicable to supervision of staff; Ability to: cope with pressure, stress, criticism, setbacks, personal and work-related problems, etc.; evaluate and interpret a variety of factors; coordinate work and activities of others; identify needs of and coach others; evaluate information against a set of standards and verify that it is correct; monitor processes, material and surroundings; resolve conflict/negotiate with others; keep up-to-date and use job relevant knowledge. Skill in: active learning; active listening; oral and written comprehension and expression; reading comprehension; critical thinking; deductive reasoning; implementation planning; inductive reasoning; information organization; initiative; innovation; judgment and decision making; making decisions and solving problems; organizing, planning and prioritizing; performing administrative tasks; persuasion; providing consultation and advice to others; solution appraisal; system evaluation; time management.