At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Lockheed Martin Senior Staff Systems Architect, Experienced in Littleton, Colorado
Description: The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space!
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our outstanding men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world’s hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus—if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you!
As a Senior Staff Systems Architect, you will be an instrumental member of the Digital Transformation team to effect ground-breaking changes in defining new solutions and identifying and redefining older architectures!
The Systems Architect will support two areas:
First, the business area program and project management team to:
• Meet and understand the business and engineering customers/partners and their subject areas in order to capture and understand their current-state architectures (processes/systems/data/roles) and detail their needs/requests /requirements/desirements
• Work directly with customers/partners and IT too collaboratively define the solution space and lead trade analyses within and across the relevant domains – technical (IT and non-IT) and non-technical
• Engineer/develop future-state conceptual architectures that are implementable, secure, scalable and supportable and decompose those conceptual architectures into functions that can be allocated to processes/systems/data/roles
Secondly, the Space IT Architecture Team, under the direction of the IT Chief Architect and Chief Enterprise Architect to:
• Ensure that all developed architectures are consistent with IT vision, mission and roadmaps
• Develop these architectures so that they integrate with the overall Space Enterprise Architecture, IT System of Systems Architecture and IT Domain Architectures
• Document/model and publish these architectures per methods and standards of the Space IT Architecture Team
• Integrate and operationalize these architectures as required
To be successful in this role, typically you will have a technical bachelor's degree and 14+ years of professional experience in the field.
Minimums to Qualify:
• Experience working as an IT Data Architect
• Broad experience across IT technical subject areas: data, applications, infrastructure (compute, network, storage) and cybersecurity
• Designing and architecting data solutions (i.e. SQL, NoSQL, Big Data)
• Experience in deploying AI / ML solutions using approved data sources
• Experience in creating data architectures, data governance, data quality and data measurement plans
• Experience in support data search solutions (i.e. Elastic Search)
• Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance, therefore U.S. Citizenship is required
• 7+ years working as an IT Data Architect
• Basic understanding and experience modeling systems in SysML, using No Magic Cameo or similar tool
• Experience presenting at reviews with Customers and/or Senior Leadership
• Experience architecting systems in an Agile environment
• Broad, basic understanding of business and engineering activities/subject areas in DoD/Aerospace, including some experience working classified projects
• Demonstrated capability to communicate clearly – verbally, textually and graphically – to technical and non-technical partners at the Director level and below
• Developing, managing, and testing back-up and recovery plans and ensuring that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly
• Collaborating with IT project managers, database engineers and application programmers
• Experience in applying data access policies to heterogenous data stores
• Active DoD secret clearance
• Solid understanding of security principles in general and how to map/trace them to IT systems, components and functions
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.