At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Lompoc Valley Medical Center Registered Nurse - Emergency Dept. in Lompoc, California
• Plans, coordinates and implements patient care for emergency department patients.
• Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice. • Remains flexible to changing systems. • Supports other nursing units by floating when needed after appropriate orientation. • Treats patients, families, visitors, peers and physicians with consideration and respect. • Works well under stress or with tight deadlines. • Education: Current State of California Registered Nursing License. Successfully completes ED Risk Initiative assignments, as directed, upon determined deadline.
• Experience: 1 year previous experience preferred.
• Certifications: BLS required from the American Heart Association prior to hire date, ACLS, PALS required prior to end of orientation period or 120 from hire date, whichever is sooner.
• LVMC reserves the right to modify the minimum requirements depending on the needs of the organization.
• Skills/Ability: Current knowledge of the care of the Emergency Department patient within a reasonable time after hire. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Computer skills preferred. Exhibits the ability to organize work assignments and follow through with accuracy. Exercises good judgment, demonstrates initiative, emotional stability, tact and poise.