At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
TEKsystems Senior network engineer in Macon, Georgia
A Network Engineer is responsible for providing both project and daily operational support for networking platforms.
This position will be responsible for migrating devices to a new IP scheme, deploying, and configuring wireless access points, deploying, and configuring network edge switches, and managing the migration of devices from static IP addressing to DHCP provided by an IPAM.
The engineer will be required to interact with equipment manufacturers and application support teams to coordinate the migration of IP addresses to the new IP range.
- Installs and configures Aruba edge switches to support the migration to common equipment and new IP schemes
- Installs and configures Aruba wireless access points
- Installs and configures Fortinet routers at remote locations to enable SDWAN across multiple links.
- Modifies Infoblox IPAM to ensure IP reservations for statically configured devices.
- 5 + years of IP network experience preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to interact with both technical and non-technical, highly clinical users
- Customer centric attitude
- HPE/Aruba certifications a plus
- Fortinet certifications a plus
- Network+ certifications a plus
The primary use for these engineers will be the deployment of Aruba edge switches in the remaining locations to support the migration to a new IP scheme.
They will be responsible for switch config, installation, and migration of devices from existing switches to the new platforms.
As part of the migration there will also be a replacement of existing access points to Aruba AP's.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
TEKsystems is a equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, genetic information, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.