At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Robert Half CFO in Malvern, Pennsylvania
Our client is seeking a CFO to lead their Pharma/Life Sciences company. Role is on site 2 days a week so looking for candidates commutable to the Exton area.
Under the guidance of Global Chief Financial Officer, the CFO US will assume overall responsibility for finance, accounting, and IT functions. As the strategic partner to the General Manager and member of the leadership team, the CFO will be an active contributor of the development of business strategy, establish financial analytics and KPIs, drive M& A activity and investment management to help company grow revenue and profits. The CFO will build and enhance the capabilities of the finance and accounting team as well as develop a data analytics function that drives algorithmic thinking across all facets of the business (channel access, marketing, commercial operations, sales etc.). The CFO will ensure ongoing development and management of financial systems, reporting, analytics, controls, accounting, tax and audit. This individual will also interact with the company’s global stakeholders, and numerous external stakeholders to articulate progress against key strategic, financial and shareholder return objectives.
• Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
• Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
• Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
• Works with the General Manager and other leadership team members to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
• Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in the pharmaceutical industry sales and market share.
• Identifies opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
• Technology and systems oriented with the ability to deploy digital to make company efficient and scalable, allowing the business to grow effectively over the next several years.
• Knowledge of regulatory, GAAP accounting practices and global financial practices
• Exceptional financial management, analytical, reporting, problem solving, negotiations and organizational skills.
• Hands-on and data savvy leader with the ability to attract and retain and highly motivated finance, accounting, and data analytics team.
• Strong business acumen – working knowledge of pharmaceutical sales strategy, operations and direct marketing response.
• Proven capability to plan, budget, model, forecast with accuracy and to always know where the company is in relation to internal & external models/targets for the current and successive years.
• Participates in supplier contract negotiation and drives cost reduction planning.
• Strategic thinker with exceptional influencing skills and high EQ to engage the entire organization in the key financial and business drivers of the company
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s degree in business administration, Accounting, or Finance.
• Minimum of 7 years as CFO or BU lead business partner in Life Sciences and 15 plus years in financial management leading strategic planning, developing multiyear financial model and
optimizing the organizational short, medium and long-term plans for multinational companies.
• Active role in understanding Market Access dynamics, Gross-to-Net strategic implications, calculations and governance oversight.
• Experience developing and mentoring a team of professionals into a high-performance team.
• Track record of working with sales and marketing to create, execute, optimize and rethink, profitable growth strategies.
• Superior interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a variety of both internal and external teams.
• Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization.
• High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half works to put you in the best position to succeed. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity - whenever you choose - even on the go. Download the Robert Half app (https://www.roberthalf.com/us/en/mobile-app) and get 1-tap apply, notifications of AI-matched jobs, and much more.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals, including medical, vision, dental, and life and disability insurance. Hired contract/temporary professionals are also eligible to enroll in our company 401(k) plan. Visit roberthalf.gobenefits.net for more information.