At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Shire Account Lead - Puebla & Veracruz in Mexico City, Mexico
The main purpose of this role is to drive patient fining, identification and market development for rare disease by creating territory, account, and customer strategies to achieve area sales, market share, and profit targets for their territory. He/She will effectively identify, develop, and maintain relationships with physicians and treatment clinics to properly educate on Rare Diseases and help remove barriers in order to facilitate healthcare provider decisions.
This position must sell and differentiate Shire Therapies and is also responsible for all aspects of sales and strategic business planning for Shire Rare Diseases Therapies at an account level (Hospital)
Due to the territory to be covered, candidates for this role will be expected to be based in Puebla.
• Demonstrates deep marketplace, therapeutic, product and disease expertise based on thorough understanding of rigorous scientific principles and data, including mechanism of action, indications, efficacy, safety, etc. Provide key market insights and field feedback to home office
• Conducts formal and informal presentations and convey complex scientific information fluently to Institutional based physicians in large academic centers and hospitals or large group practices/groups, in a professional, compliant, ethical and effective manner
• Understands and applies knowledge of health care industry, trends, applicable laws and regulations, market conditions, and the market access environment (including but not limited to pharmacy-economics, payer/ reimbursement landscape and patient flow/influence between institutions and community practices) and analyze these factors in the development of business plans and in daily execution of sales calls within compliance guidelines.
• Builds and maintains strong professional relationships with physicians/HCPs office and hospital staff and others in the patient pathway
• Coordinates patient services to assure complete patient care along with Patient Support Services(end to end diagnosis to treatment)
• Responsive to the needs of providers and patients understanding the importance of urgent and timely resolution
• Builds team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information between and amongst partners
• Demonstrate advanced ability to ask strategic, insightful questions to obtain information on customer needs from all stakeholders.
• Ensure effective execution of strategies and tactics within assigned geographic area by developing effective business plans to execute selling strategies that are consistent with corporate brand and marketing plans and are tailored to geography and customer context
• Review and analyze market/customer data to support and execute strategic planning
• Identify key decision makers for the use of Shire Therapies products and conduct customer meetings within assigned territory
• Review and analyze data/systems/processes to identify and create business opportunities and to improve tactical implementation of strategic goals
• Collaborating closely with cross functional team members to identify and resolve customer needs appropriately and with a high sense of urgency
• Key to feel comfortable with the local geography
E ducation & Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 2-3 yrs. of Rare Disease sales experience
• Minimum 4 years of demonstrated success in a hospital/institutional pharmaceutical sales position.
• Critical Care background is desired
• Demonstrated strong capability in account management and proven sales performance track record.
• Must be able to effectively use active listening, probing and other selling skills to enhance communication, build and influence key customers.
• Demonstrated strong business analytics ability to analyze data as well as develop, execute and adjust business plans • Willingness and ability to work within and outside of traditional business hours
• Exemplary coordination skills and the ability to “orchestrate” within an account
• Excellent presentation/platform skills
• Ability to identify decision makers and influence decisions
• Experience establishing new customer relationships
• Outstanding interpersonal consultative skills
• Strong business & financial acumen and analytical capabilities
• Ability to manage and prioritize work load, multi-task and manage a diverse mix of issues, responsibilities and challenges
Essential: • Deep clinical knowledge within Rare Diseases
• Deep understanding of diagnosis and treatment referral patterns/specialties
• Successful experience in Hospital or Specialty Sales
• Patient centric focus and experience in supporting patients and providers in rare diseases
• Corporate experience in marketing, sales ops, training or other commercial functions a plus.
• Medical Background would be highly desired
• Experience in marketing, sales ops, training or other commercial functions
- Valid Driver’s license required
Notice to Employment / Recruitment Agents:
Employment / Recruitment agents may only submit candidates for vacancies only if they have written authorization to do so from Shire’s Talent Acquisition department. Any agency candidate submission may only be submitted to positions opened to the agency through the specific Agency Portal. Shire will only pay a fee for candidates submitted or presented where there is a fully executed contract in place between the Employment / Recruitment agents and Shire and only if the candidate is submitted via the Agency Portal. Candidates submitted or presented by Employment / Recruitment Agents without a fully executed contract or submitted through this site shall not be deemed to form part of any Engagement for which the Agency may claim remuneration.
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.