At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
PDS Tech Inc QC Technician in Middletown, Virginia
PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a QC Technician in Middletown, VA.
• The CDR Quality Control Laboratory ensures our products and solutions are safe, reliable, and meet Clinical Standards. Perform laboratory testing and release/rejection of raw materials, intermediates and finished products applying clinical chemistry, immunoassay, analytical and microbiological methods, and automated systems for testing at the Middletown site. Assure technical correctness of all testing/value assignment functions to ensure products align with established internal and external requirements required to maintain consistent product performance and quality in the field.
• Performs laboratory analysis on products for the purpose of Releasing product, Assessing stability. Effecting raw material release, Supporting other technical service groups
• Prepares specimens for testing and tests and releases product in accordance with written test procedures.
• Schedules testing to meet department and plant commitments.
• Maintains instrumentation/equipment in alignment with manufacturer’s labeling and in-house audit and calibration procedures.
• Leverage GMP in Maintaining records and logs.
• Maintains working laboratory inventory.
• Other laboratory functions required to support business needs.
• Associates degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, or related field
• 1 year of laboratory experience
• Experience in Analytical Chemistry, Immunoassay, Hematology, Coagulation, Microbiology or Clinical Chemistry.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Prioritize work ensuring scheduled commitments are achieved.
• Ability to troubleshoot problems with limited assistance.
• Must be flexible and able to work overtime
• Develop good working relationships with all departments and occasional contact with outside sources
• Knowledge of GMP and ISO requirements
• Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) required
• Demonstrate the Thermo Fisher values (The Four I’s) – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.