At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Aerotek Field Technician in Nashville, Tennessee
Will be apart of a field maintenance crew in FT. Worth that will be performing general labor duties on customer sites. Will be working for commercial customers' land doing clean up around the commercial sites and using company tools/equipment for site clean up and maintenance.
Your Responsibilities as a Stormwater Field Technician / Crew Member:
• Provide routine cleanup, maintenance, and light repairs of stormwater infrastructure including retention ponds, detention basins, drainage ditches, stormwater grates, and other stormwater assets.
• Perform mowing, weed-trimming, debris removal, ground maintenance and cleanup, light construction, and maintenance repairs for properties as directed.
• Operate landscaping and light construction equipment. Maintain equipment trailer.
• Travel will be required and varies by crew.
• Learn stormwater management techniques.
• Comply with all safe work practices and complete your work in a safe manner.
What we're looking for:
• Prefer 1-2 years of experience with outdoor labor including, but not limited to: landscaping, construction, grounds maintenance and repair, or similar work.
• Able to perform manual labor in a variety of weather conditions.
• Stable employment history and favorable employment references.
• Good record of attendance and punctuality.
• Valid driver's license and good driving record preferred.
• Dedication to safe work practices in accordance with applicable regulations.
• Must be able to physically perform the basic functions of bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, balancing, walking, standing, sitting, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, and hearing. Must be able to perform work exerting up to up to 60 pounds of force; and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Must possess visual acuity and hand-eye coordination to operate machines and tools such as mowers and weed whackers to perform tasks.
MUST look presentable every day at work
MUST have experience
construction, field service, field maintenance, general labor, general repair, landscaping, tools, mechanical
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Outside labor experience
Experience with hand tools
Experience working long hours (OT)
Ability to stand on feet all day
May be required to travel out of town once a week. When traveling, the hotel and food will be paid for.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.