At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Northwell Health Telephone Operator (LJ) in New Hyde Park, New York
Req Number 31182
Answers and routes calls received by the Hospital's main telephone, paging and doctor's answering systems. Performs miscellaneous clerical and receptionist duties.
- Answers and routes calls received by the main telephone, paging and doctor's answering service systems.
- Provides patient information assistance to callers.
- Monitors all emergency alarms and dispatches appropriate response teams.
- Maintains appropriate logs and records.
- Greets visitors at front desk of hospital lobby.
- Directs visitors to their destination by providing verbal directions and handouts.Must be familiar with the physical layout of the hospital.
- Ensures transportation for patients to, from and within the System.
- Provides access to telephonic interpreter services for visitors and patients with limited English proficiency.
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Ability to work additional shifts, as needed.
Gracious manners, pleasant speaking voice, calm demeanor and the ability to work under stress is required.