At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Lockheed Martin Manufacturing Planner/Scheduler II (early career) in New Orleans, Louisiana
Description: Protecting what matters most is the mission that matters most.
As we journey through a new era of space, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing team is on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every day, our 115,000 employees come to work with one focus – our customers’ hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience, and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll tackle those missions with you and stay ahead of ready.
Going to space is just the beginning. It’s what you do when you get there that matters. Lockheed Martin Space builds the satellites and spacecraft that do amazing things in space for our government and commercial customers. Connecting people, advancing discovery, and protecting what matters most. Lockheed Martin-built satellites give earlier warning of severe weather, connect troops on the battlefield, and deliver GPS directions to a billion people worldwide. As we look to the future, we’re driving innovations to help our customers do even more in orbit. That’s why we’re crafting smarter satellites that operate like smartphones in the sky, with apps that can be updated in orbit so they can adapt as mission needs on the ground change. Your mission is ours. As that mission evolves, we’ll be ready. Will you? Come, join our Manufacturing team in the dynamic world Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
The Michoud Assembly Facility in New Orleans, LA has an immediate opportunity for an early career Manufacturing Planner/Scheduler to join our mission. In this entry level Manufacturing Planner/Scheduler role you will support planning, scheduling, order requesting, materials management and other manufacturing activities.
What will you be working on? You will…
• Perform Make, Buy and/or Bill of Material (BOM) planning activities associated with Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) transactions
• Establish Materials in the SAP/ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system
• Request orders for required materials
• Expedite and optimize material flow through the supply chain to meet customer requirements
• Maintain production systems integrity to drive inventory optimization to minimize cost
• Analyze and process disposition/renewal requests for Expired Shelf-Life Materials
• Collaborate with Program and Manufacturing Center customers to support Manufacturing Operations with required materials
• Execute material transfer requests between facilities
• Serve as the Buy Part Planning POC (Point of Contact) for assigned Programs by providing regular Supply Chain Pipeline status and addressing all program-specific concerns
• Create and maintain detailed manufacturing schedules
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 3 - 5 years of experience.
Join us. Let’s do Space!
• Bachelors degree or in lieu of a degree, candidates with at least 10-11 years of directly related job relevant experience may be considered (e.g. supply chain management, program/production scheduling, production planning, procurement, industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering, finance)
• For facility access reasons, United States citizenship is required
• Understanding of Manufacturing Resource Planning methods and processes
• Knowledge of SAP
• Experience using MRP/ERP tools/systems
• Experience using Microsoft excel, Microsoft Project or other scheduling software
• Proficient in MS word, Excel and PowerPoint; and general computer skills and knowledge
• Experience with, or classroom knowledge of, implementing process improvements, conducting root cause analysis, and/or performing engineering design changes into manufacturing documentation
• Proven written and verbal skills to effectively communicate with managers, directors, employees and customers to maintain a viable working relationship
Clearance Level: None
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 9x80 every other Friday off
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs , and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Manufacturing