At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Actalent *URGENTLY HIRING* Registered Nurse in New York, New York
Registered Nurse Job Description:
Provide the highest quality of comprehensive primary, preventative and behavioral health services to all who see it, especially for the underserved and vulnerable.
A Registered Nurse renders professional nursing care to patients, within an assigned unit or authorized community health center site, in support of medical care as directed by the medical staff and pursuant to the objectives and policies of the organization.
In addition, this position will perform duties assigned on as needed basis.
RN Essential Duties:
1) Interviews patients for health history, including history of current complaint, and past and present use of medication utilizing patient identifies; document patient charts (must be time stamped and/or initialed).
2) Maintains patient’s medical record and charts the following: nursing observation; vital signs; reactions to test, i.e., PPD results, in-house testing, and other pertinent information.
3) Prepares equipment and assists physician during treatments and examinations of patients.
4) Initiates follow-up, as necessary. Instruct patients on healthcare issues, as indicated by physician, diagnosis and/or inquiries by patient.
5) Assesses and triages patients as they present, either by telephone or in person.
6) Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and provide appropriate care.
7) Attends mandated training and keeps up-to-date on all nursing procedures including relevant procedures.
RN Additional Skills & Qualifications:
1) Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written
2) Possess supervisory experience
3) Knowledge of nursing standards and competence in nursing skills
4) Ability to triage patients calls or walk-ins as necessary
5) Experience with substance abuse population
6) Strong commitment to public and community health and has the ability to work with individuals from a variety of ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds
Entry Level +
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.