At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Elderwood at North Creek Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant in North Creek, New York
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
# of Openings
Area of Interest
Elderwood at North Creek
During the week and weekends.
Join Our Team
Join our strong and growing company today!
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants (COTA) assist with ensuring the health and well-being of residents by providing occupational therapy treatments developed and recommended by a registered Occupational Therapist. New York State certification required.
1. Assists the Director Occupational Therapy in planning, developing and carrying out treatment programs and procedures for residents.
2. Helps create group therapy programs which are mentally and physically stimulating to residents; prepares and presents individual and group projects appropriate for the confused, blind, deaf and physically handicapped resident.
3. Writes observations of resident's behavior and progress in Progress Notes.
4. Maintains attendance records and other departmental reports; enters treatment record in Medical Record Chart.
5. Assists Director Occupational Therapy in the training and supervision of Occupational Therapy Aides and students assigned to the facility for clinical experience.
6. Attends Resident Care Planning and Family/Resident Care Plan review meetings.
7. Assists with departmental in-service programs upon request.
8. Completes MDS+ assessment form as required.
9. Inventories supplies; assists with keeping area in good order and daily sanitation of equipment.
10. Attends in-service training programs, and departmental meetings as required.
11. Generate and develop ideas, which improve the quality of care for residents or increase job productivity and satisfaction.
12. Performs other duties as assigned by Director Occupational Therapy.
13. Performs all job duties according to safety rules and practices required for this job position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
14. Performs assigned duties according to the service excellence standards and goals established for this job position, and for all staff members of this facility.
New York State Department of Education Certification and license to practice as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) in New York State required.
Ability to relate well to residents and enjoy working with the elderly people necessary.
Tact and diplomacy; ability to develop good relationships with residents, staff and students required.
Ability to inspire and motivate others and create a warm and accepting climate for residents necessary.
Qualities of maturity, diplomacy, ability to work well with others required.
Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing required.
Ability to supervise departmental staff effectively and ensure that high standards of care are maintained.
Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
Demonstrated willingness to uphold the vision and mission of the company by following the core values of Integrity, Teamwork, and Passion for Excellence and Reverence for the Individual
Enjoy being a part of a strong and diverse team
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.