At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
BWX Technologies, Inc. QC Inspector I in Oakville, Ontario
BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. is a subsidiary of BWXT Canada Ltd. BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. is a leading supplier of precision-machined components to the international nuclear industry. We specialize in the manufacture of fuel channel and feeder components, tooling and fuelling machine spares.
We are seeking QC Inspectors for our facility in Oakville, Ontario.
The Quality Control Inspector is responsible for validating materials and manufactured components to ensure they are compliant with work instructions and set specifications.
• Inspect and monitor quality requirements in process and in accordance with the company quality assurance policies and customer specifications for first-off, in-process, receiving, and final inspection activities.
• Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies as per control plans and specification requirements.
• Verify dimensions of parts using hand precision measuring instruments like vernier calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, height gauges, chamfer gauges, radius gauges, thread gauges and CMM as necessary.
• Create comprehensive dimensional reports from CMM data and conventional measuring equipment.
• Document and report inspection results and Completed Purchase Orders. File, scan and archive as necessary.
• Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
• Work with customer inspectors during oversight activities.
• Interpret customer drawings (including geometric tolerances) and technical information packages.
• Assess part compliance, initiate NCR and follow through NCR process for disposition and timely closure.
• Safely move components including the use of lifting devices such as overhead cranes and jib cranes as applicable.
• May be required to assist with Quality Surveillance of sub suppliers.
• Technical Diploma in Quality or relevant field or relevant experience in a machine shop.
• 0-2 years working in quality control and/or receiving environment.
• Proficiency interpreting complex manufacturing drawings with GDT specifications to determine the appropriate dimensional inspections to establish compliance.
• Expertise in the use of appropriate measuring tools and equipment including verniers, calipers, micrometers, depth gauges, height gauges, chamfer gauges, radius gauges, thread gauges, etc.
• Familiarity with controls required for calibration of measuring and test equipment.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills working within a team-based environment.
• Strong ability to work independently to complete assignments promptly while maintaining the high standards required in our industry.
• Ability to solve routine technical problems using a variety of systematic approaches.
We thank you for your interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. embraces diversity of thought, values individuality, encourages new perspectives and provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status or disability, or any other category protected by provincial law.
BWXT Precision Manufacturing Inc. is committed to fostering an accessible, fair, and inclusive environment where all employees are able to access goods and services while being respected and supported. If you require accommodations during the application or interview process, please advise us as soon as possible so appropriate arrangements can be made. If you require information in a format that is accessible to you, please contact Human Resources.