At Shire, we are proud and grateful to employ military veterans and thank them for their contributions to our company and our country. See where your military experience can play a role at Shire by using our military skills translator job search tool below:
Kiewit Corporation Pipe Helper in Pennington, Alabama
Requisition ID: 76241
Assist skilled craftsperson(s) by performing supportive duties as directed and will work under immediate supervision. The level and degree of job responsibilities and requirements vary depending on months of experience and assigned job step.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Learn to read isometric drawings, taking measurements, fabricating and installing piping efficiently
• Assist skilled craftsman to align, bolt, and clamp together components of fabricated metal products to secure in position for welding
• Assist with the assembly and securing of pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment according to specifications by welding and threading joints
• Position and secure materials and workpieces during installation; and install all other items in accordance with the applicable plans and specifications
• Learn to distinguish varying thickness and types of metal materials
• Learn to manually handle and securely apply rigging equipment
• Operate tools and equipment including: beveling machines, cut-off grinders, hammers, torches, magnetic drills, and a Saw-Zall
• Layout and install equipment, vessels, skids, pumps, pipe, and supports
• Assist with hydro testing piping systems
• May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Must possess knowledge skills and abilities for position
• Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions and communicate effectively with management/supervision
• Field experience in chosen craft discipline
• Knowledge of the safe and efficient use of hand tools, power tools and layout tools.
• Able to meet all physical requirements.
• Must have all required tools
• Expected to climb and work at heights and in confined spaces (may exceed 200 ft)
• Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Able to work overtime, nights, and weekends as required by the workload
• Observe and comply with all safety and project rules. Performs other duties as required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.